LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Q&A

Have non-support related questions? Ask them here!

Harmony Hub Question with CastleOS Messages in this topic - RSS

Damon Brodie
Damon Brodie

1/14/2017
Damon Brodie
Damon Brodie
I have a question about Harmony Hub integration and Castle. Harmony has this concept of 'Activities' and when you select an activity on the remote the rest of the buttons will be configured as you programmed them for that activity. Similarly, if I hit the Off button on the Harmony remote then the buttons stop working and the only thing you can do on the remote is start a new Activity.

How does this work when Castle is brought into the mix? If I start an Activity with Castle, will the remote be notified and now be set to that same activity? If I turn off an Activity with Castle, does the Harmony Remote know this - or does it get out of sync?

I'm assuming all this "just works", but want to make sure. My Experience with "Activities" on previous iterations of the Harmony Remotes has been hit and miss (sometimes devices get out of sync with what the remote believes is their current state) so I want to know what I'm getting into before I dive in.

Thanks!
edited by damonbrodie on 1/14/2017
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/16/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
The Harmony update has been posted! You can get it from the download page if it hasn't already auto updated.

In addition to manual control of Activities, you can change the Activity as part of a Scene or Event, as well as use the Activity as a Trigger or Condition in an Event. Changing an Activity via the Harmony remote will result in CastleOS being notified of the change.

For instance, you can have a Scene in CastleOS called Movie Mode that starts the Movie Activity in Harmony, or you can have the Movie Activity trigger the Scene in CastleOS to activate. Or both!

We'll also be adding support for control devices directly once we finish the GUIs for that (i.e. volume, channel, etc), but for now it's just Activities (which is all the official Harmony supports currently as well).

To set it up, go to Settings > Harmony, enter your My Harmony username and password, and then enter the IP address of your Harmony hub(s). The rest is automatic!

Thanks!
+1 link