LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Kinect or just random command issue Messages in this topic - RSS

Gary Metz
Gary Metz

1/28/2017
Gary Metz
Gary Metz
Just set up, got the kinect v1 connected? got the hue bridge connected with all 6 lights and got the audio replies coming from the computer speakers.
I question if the Kinect is connected as it runs through the configuration tool just fine but doesn't show any of that setup under the settings tab.
All that said, now it doesn't seem to care what I say.
CastleOS is randomly setting timers, pausing them, and restarting them (I haven't heard any of them finish).
CastleOS is randomly telling me the time.
CastleOS is randomly "Running Demo Script"
KinectV1
Firefox browser fully updated.
Windows 7 fully updated.
.Net fully updated.
There is/was Pandora playing in the background but I highly doubt the term computer is said much in Reggae.
Eagerly awaiting direction =}
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/28/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Is the Kinect Service able to authenticate with the Core Service? It should say "verified & saved" when you press the button.

Also, make sure the Advanced settings haven't been adjusted, for now.
0 link
Gary Metz
Gary Metz

1/28/2017
Gary Metz
Gary Metz
Yes it says Verified and saved and I haven't touched the advanced controls.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/28/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
It doesn't appear the configuration is initializing correctly. I'd be happy to log in remotely and check it out with you.
0 link
Gary Metz
Gary Metz

1/29/2017
Gary Metz
Gary Metz
Chris, thank you. I will gladly take you up on that offer. I am busy all day today. Is this something I can just grant you and leave idle so you can come in and play? This computer has no sensitive information and I would be willing to do that. Otherwise I would have to schedule a time for tomorrow or later this week.
0 link
Gary Metz
Gary Metz

1/30/2017
Gary Metz
Gary Metz
From here on today I am home. I will be checking periodically, if you would still like to work on this.
0 link
Vin Tan
Vin Tan

1/30/2017
Vin Tan
Vin Tan
I have the same issue. latest verion of CastleOS release 1-28-2017. on Win10.

Please share the solution. thx
0 link
Stan B.
Stan B.

2/14/2017
Stan B.
Stan B.
Having the same issue as well. Downloaded the latest Kinect Service V 1. The "random ramblings" usually start 10 to 20 minutes after saving and restarting the Kinect Services.
0 link
Eric F
Eric F

2/15/2017
Eric F
Eric F
Any word on this Chris? its been weeks since i've had voice control (i had to unplug the kinects it was so bad)
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

2/15/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hey Everyone, sorry I thought I had replied to this. I know some of you have already confirmed this, but I need to ask again that you double check that you are logged in to the Kinect Configurator (and not with the admin account). This could happen if it's unable to login when loading. In testing here we're not getting false positives, but clearly several people have reported the same thing, so I'm thinking it's confusion over the configuration.

As always, we're happy to remotely troubleshoot upon request.

Thanks!
0 link
Stan B.
Stan B.

2/15/2017
Stan B.
Stan B.
Hey Chris,

I've been logging into the Configurator with the username and password I created when setting up the Core Service. It returns the verified and saved message.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

2/15/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Stan, can I login within so I can see the issue in person? I'm having trouble replicating it here on our test machines. Thanks!
0 link
Stan B.
Stan B.

2/15/2017
Stan B.
Stan B.
Sure Chris
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

2/15/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
OK please follow this link for instructions to send the remote support request: https://www.castleos.com/forum/topic515-remote-support.aspx
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

2/15/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi everyone, thanks to Stan's help I was able to find the issue and post a fixed installer. A setting in the config file was missing on some installs, and it threw an error that prevented it from loading correctly. That error is fixed and will no longer be an issue. Sorry about that!
0 link