LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

CastleOSKinectServiceConfigurator Has Stopped Work Messages in this topic - RSS

steve spurgeon
steve spurgeon

4/10/2017
steve spurgeon
steve spurgeon
ok, need a little help with my Kinect side. I have had this up before, though I dont know if on this system.
I just switched over to the Gen5 White stick, and have been rebuilding my system. I have a v1 Kinect Sensor, and everytime I try an load/install the configurator it crashes. I had trouble with the Gen5 to start, so I formatted and reinstalled windows. I have 1.3.2212 installed and running. I have uninstalled Kinect, reinstalled, made sure to delete Program Data and Program Files (x86) info. Even uninstalled Kinect 1.8, reinstalled 1.7. nothing seems to work. This is a Win7 OS.
NOTE: so far, everytime I try to install 1.3.3170 it fails to start the service and doesnt run, so I am running a version behind.It does this even AFTER a new install.
Has anyone else had issues with Kinect v1, Kinect Driver 1.8, and CastleOSConfigurator?
edited by spurgco on 4/10/2017

Attachments:
kinect crash.png
0 link
steve spurgeon
steve spurgeon

4/11/2017
steve spurgeon
steve spurgeon
Well, I blew out the OS again and started from scratch. So, to recap: Win7 System (AMD) CastleOS 1.3.3170. This time I have not ran Win Update, but DID install .Net 4.6.1 (because I thought I saw a pop up that indicated it was required at one time, but havent seen again), I was able to resume my devices (though my Schlage still doesnt work). The multisensor didnt seem to work right, so I removed it from the Z-Stick and Added it again. Now I have 2 sensors showing (tried Remove device, didnt work), and whiole GetNodeInfo states it is not available, it show up in my devices. Iritating, but I want my house to at least somewhat work. I cant change the Admin password to something other than default, and User settings dont seem to take (banner color reverts). My USER account will fail login after a restart until I update the user from ADMIN. This morning my events seem to have executed correctly at least. Havent had a chance to test the sensor events yet. With all that said, I STILL cant get the CastlOSKinectConfigurator to launch. It just crashes after the install. When I try and launch from the START menu, same thing. The service appears to have started, the ACTUAL application wont. When I performed this rebuild I even downloaded NEW versions of the EXE's just to be safe as well.
Has this been working fine for everyone else, or is it just me?

EDIT: Also, I cant manually stop/start the CastleOS Core Service.throws a 1503 (no response in a timely fasion). so I have to restart the system.
edited by spurgco on 4/11/2017
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

4/11/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hey Steve, there is definitely something unique to your system that is causing an issue. I don't immediately see a cause in your posts here, so instead I'd like to schedule a remote troubleshooting session with you to sort it out. Please let me know some times that would work for you. Thanks!
0 link
steve spurgeon
steve spurgeon

4/11/2017
steve spurgeon
steve spurgeon
I work in field service usually from 6am to 3pm PST Mon-Fri. I have a lot of remote access options for the system (teamviewer/RD). If you need me to do something on my end (enable access or something) let me know and I can remote in a do it anytime.
0 link