LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

video on setting up a virtual device Messages in this topic - RSS

Black Forest
Black Forest

4/19/2017
Black Forest
Black Forest
Chris, you mentioned I might try to set up a virtual device to control my Global Cache IP2CC. Can I use the IP address as the URL? Is there any documentation or video on setting up a virtual device?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

4/20/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
I thought there might be a direct way to do it, but I was thinking of something else. Instead we're building a proper interface to the IP2CC. In the next few days I'll have something for you to test!
0 link
Black Forest
Black Forest

4/24/2017
Black Forest
Black Forest
Chris, a few days have come and gone and no word from you. No response to emails either. What is the status?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

4/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hey Black Forest, we are making progress! We only started this at the end of last week, but we plan to have it working this week.

Thanks!!
0 link
Black Forest
Black Forest

4/28/2017
Black Forest
Black Forest
How much longer Chris.?
0 link
Black Forest
Black Forest

4/30/2017
Black Forest
Black Forest
Today is the end of "this week" will you have the revision available today? Today is Sunday.
0 link
Black Forest
Black Forest

5/1/2017
Black Forest
Black Forest
Please explain to us why it takes so long for questions to be answeted? I have a pretty good idea why you don't care about supporting your users and customers. Even if what i think is going on with CastleOS is true you are not furthering your agenda.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

5/1/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Black Forest, I hope you understand that it takes some time to development new software features. Usually far more than a week. Also, this kind of thing isn't normally something we do at all. We do not write scripts for customers as part of our standard support package (though if the demand is there, that is something we may offer in the future). We did see a need to add this feature which would benefit you as well as other users, and have been working towards that end. When I have a concrete release date for you I will be sure you are the first to know! It is actively being worked on now.

Thanks,
Chris
0 link
Black Forest
Black Forest

5/2/2017
Black Forest
Black Forest
Hello Chris,

You were the one Chris that offered to do the custom programming/scripting in our first communications. I didn't even ask you brought up the topic and said it would be no big problem. Here let me refresh your memory.

"On 7/5/2015 8:24 PM, CastleOS wrote:

In terms of reliability the system is highly reliable out of the box, though if needed we can help with custom programming of your commands to really refine the system for your use case.

Thanks,
Chris"

If you would communicate better with your users then they would be much happier users! This seems to be the biggest complaint with the system.
0 link