LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Somfy ZRTSI Integration Messages in this topic - RSS

Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

7/15/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Let me try his in a new topic:

Has anyone been able to get a Somfy ZRTSI 16-Channel device to work with COS? I have the Somfy ZRTSI connected to the ZWave network, and each virtual channel added to the ZWave network (per Somfy instructions). COS sees the main device and each virtual channel as its own device. I have connected the ZRTSI to the actual motors (and tested the control transmission via the ZRTSI UI). However, when I try to operate the motors via COS nothing happens. The logs show the ZWave commands being sent, but I am not seeing anything at the actual motors.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

7/15/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi ATD, just to double check, have you moved the device close to the CastleOS controller in order to make sure it's not a range issue?
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

7/15/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Yes. The device is 7 paces from the hub with direct line of sight. I am guessing it is not a range issue.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

7/15/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Did you link it via software (CastleOS), or another method? Likewise, I assume you tried simply unlinking it and relinking it?
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

7/15/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
I linked via CastleOS web UI using NWI. I have not dropped and relinked because that is actually a lengthy and PIA process. (I have to join the ZRTSI hub then join each subchannel corresponding to a shade / awning individually.)
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

7/15/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Have you tried setting one of the channels to enable dimming, and then sending a multilevel command (percentage) instead of the on/off command?
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

7/15/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
I set them all up as Blinds in Castle. I tried setting them to 50% and no movement. An odd thing is that all of them auto detected 8 scene toggles in addition to the top level open/close.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

7/17/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Can we do a remote troubleshoot so I can see this live? Not having one of the devices I'm unfortunately limited in being able to test it here...
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

7/17/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Yes. I opened a help request with session code s93-193-102.
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

7/17/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
I have also created a device group "ZRTSI Integration" that contains all of the devices associated with this issue. (4 sets of shades, 2 awnings, and the ZRTSI hub.) Feel free to play with it weekdays between the hours of noon and 6pm Boston time.
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

7/26/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
My help session appears to have timed out. I can open another one, just let me know when you can connect.
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

17 days ago
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Since I am seeing activity on the forum again, I thought I would bump this and see if there was any update / progress here?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

10 days ago
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
I'll send you a DM later today regarding an update for this..
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

7 days ago
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Hey Chris, I don't seem to have received the DM. I will keep checking.
0 link