LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

General Installation Issues Messages in this topic - RSS

Tea Kettle
Tea Kettle

8/29/2017
Tea Kettle
Tea Kettle
Hi, loving the platform it looks sweet. But I am having all sorts of issues.

Does it support a Aotec Z-Stick Gen5? I could not it get it to work with mine. It appears to see the COM port, but I could not get devices to remove or join the z-wave network. I also have an insteon RF interface I hadn't tried yet I hope will work. Or do you only support the PLM USB wired modem?

So I tried to uninstall/reinstall, as I could not change the Adminstrator password for some reason. Then things got worse. Now I can't open the installation once it's complete re-running through the install. So now it doesn't come up at all in the Web GUI. So I seem to have mucked it up pretty good. But then again I wasn't having much luck getting it to pickup my devices or let me do anything.

Running Windows 10x64 Pro on 4th gen i5 16GB of RAM, so I don't think system resources are an issue. But is my Z-Stick not compatible? Thanks man this looks like an awesome project. I played with Axial Control (formerly InControl) and there software is OK but not great, and does not support nearly as many protocols. Indigo Domotics does but ugh, Mac bleh.

Any advice much appreciated! Or maybe a link to a thread that already answers these issues is good, but I tried the search and literally go no results for any search so I don't know if search is just broken or if I just had bad search attempts. Anyways, thanks. Saw the hint about the update soon and the big surprise. Can't wait, I really want to make a custom little project at home with my PC smile
0 link