LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

New Installation Messages in this topic - RSS

Michael Smith
Michael Smith

1/15/2018
Michael Smith
Michael Smith
I just installed CastleOS on my Windows 10 notebook and all appears to have gone well. However, when I click on the settings button I get an error message, see attached. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Attachments:
castleos1.JPG
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/15/2018
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Michael, it's possible to manually change a file so the error message will display. Which version did you install? The regular one or the beta?
0 link
Michael Smith
Michael Smith

1/16/2018
Michael Smith
Michael Smith
Hi. First, I installed the latest GD release and received the message. Then, after tinkering a bit I thought I would try the beta. When the result was the same I installed CastleOS, did not delete the folder, and re-installed with the same result. Then, placed a comment on the board for help. If you need me to manually edit a file I can do that without issue. The goal obviously is to gain access to the settings options. Thanks.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/27/2018
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Michael, you can trying uninstalling CastleOS, deleting the CastleOS folder in C:\ProgramData (which is where the bad settings file likely is), and then reinstalling the beta.
0 link