CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeFeature Suggestions

A forum topic for suggesting new features for CastleOS

Stand Alone Kinect Service? Messages in this topic - RSS

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol

12/17/2014
Hello,

Just finished a trial of CastleOS and I have to say that I absolutely loved the Voice Recognition. It is so much more accurate then others that I have tried in the past. I am still debating as to what to go with and had a question.

Would it ever be possible in the future to just purchase the Kinect Service Portion of the program with minimal core service? To be honest, I have very little need for most of the other functions in CastleOS between an ISY and an Insteon HUB. That already covers Web Access and Scene programming nicely. At the moment, I am having trouble convincing myself that just voice recognition is worth an extra 200 when I have other devices that cover most functions in CastleOS.

Either way, The accuracy of the VR really impressed me. I miss some of the features I liked in HAL2000 from Home Automated Living, like the ability to schedule events with voice, but that is not really a deal breaker. Especially since HAL does not seem to be in active development anymore...
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/17/2014
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Chris! Glad you enjoy voice recognition so much!! We always love hearing that feedback. As to your question about a standalone Kinect Service, we do currently offer that for media control (it's free for media control), but not for automation control. Automation has to be routed through the Core Service. Soon we'll have voice control on Android, Android Wear, and Xbox One, but it will all still route through the Core Service.

For event set up by voice, we'll probably support that at some point but as of now it's not a high development priority because it's not a very commonly used feature. Events are typically set up once and left alone, so for now we're focused on bringing some other new features first.

Thanks!

-Chris
0 link
Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol

12/17/2014
I really appreciate the fast response. It appears that I will have to see what I can budget... I do like what I am seeing development wise for CastleOS, I will have to see what your HUB Looks like. I don't suppose there is a break on pricing for CastleOS if you get it at the same time as the HUB as a bundle?

Don't really want to have another Windows Computer running if I can help it.
0 link