LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeScripting

A forum for information about scripting with CastleOS. Get samples, suggestions, and other help here

Scripts Messages in this topic - RSS

Landon Beasley
Landon Beasley

1/16/2015
Landon Beasley
Landon Beasley
Hello all.
I have just begun working with CastleOS, (actually just download the demo today and stole my son's kinect off his xbox 360 (he wasn't using it anyway).
I haven't attached any lights or anything to my system yet, my first goal was to see how well the voice system works. I have to say I am pretty impressed with it so far and after i added the IVONA 2 Brian voice to it and named it Jarvis, my son decided I could keep his kinect if it meant the house had the same voice as J.A.R.V.I.S. haha.

Anyway, one thing I have noticed is the lack sample scripts. Yes I know I could start hunting them down else where but it would be nice if we could get some people that have some basic scripts written to post them on here as a starting off point. I am not asking for some overly complex ones. Just a couple of simple custom commands that have been made up would be nice.

Also on the custom command section of the Kinect Config window, I wanted to know just how many could be added to that list? is there a limit? What if I wanted to add 100, 200? would the system handle them okay?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/22/2015
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Landon Beasley wrote:
Hey Chris

That is great to know, now for my next question in regards to that. (please bare in mind I currently only have one Kinect and PC setup with the software, if I setup a second one lets say one in my living room and one in my man cave, will I need to re setup my custom commands for each PC, or will the custom commands filter from one Kinect service to the other one?
If I have to re-enter the commands is there a quick way to export and import the commands from one system to the other? like maybe as simple as moving a xml file and the scripts in the script folder?

They don't automatically sync, but it's very simple to do, you just need to copy over a single file that contains the commands, and copy all the scripts to the Scripts folder on the second machine.
+1 link