LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeScripting

A forum for information about scripting with CastleOS. Get samples, suggestions, and other help here

Do you need a custom script? Messages in this topic - RSS

Aaron Johnson
Aaron Johnson

2/17/2015
Aaron Johnson
Aaron Johnson
Hi,
I have been involved in various communities online for certain products/software and often people need custom programs or scripts to accomplish something. I just wanted to let you know that if you are someone who wants a custom script for something I am open to be contacted as a possible resource for writing the code for you. Typically what I do is gain a full understanding of what you need, and then let you know if I think I can do it. After that I will code and present you with items to test and provide feedback working until I get the final product completed for you. I do ask for compensation for time, and I consider you the owner of the final product. If you want to share with the community that is up to you. I do not share code someone hired me to write for them.

If you are interested please contact me and give me a description of what you are needing. I do ask for something in return as compensation for my time but I am affordable smile I enjoy this stuff. BTW - I have worked with voice recognition so I am not unfamiliar with that territory.

I am extremely interested in home automation (have been for a long time) but I still cannot dive in fully because there is just too much variability and different products and systems (and software). To me, CastleOS definitely looks like the one I am most interested in but I have been waiting and waiting for the hub, and more thorough documentation before committing. So I have bought some hardware just so I can play around with it and test. I most likely will be writing code and sharing it with the community for free. At the same time, I know often people have very specific requests and need someone to do the code for them.

Thanks,
tobias (AJ).
+1 link
Dominique Garcia
Dominique Garcia

2/19/2015
Dominique Garcia
Dominique Garcia
Asking for compensation for your time and effort is completely justified. Good luck to you.
0 link
Aaron Johnson
Aaron Johnson

2/21/2015
Aaron Johnson
Aaron Johnson
Hi Dominique,
I am not greedy nor do I particulary demand compensation... It is just i have been doing this kind of stuff for people for many years and my wife has been drilling in my head I need to charge for my time. I often end up putting a lot of time into various projects for people without charge. Personally, I have viewed it as a learning experience for me. I learn and they get what they needed. But the time has come where I probably do need to get some compensation for the time. I have done some pretty cool projects for people, and they have taken many hours of work. My intent it not to charge much. I feel kinda bad even posting that but my wife is right. Considering the time I put into stuff it is not unacceptable to ask for something in return.

If I write something to be used with CastleOS for my own benefit, I will provide it to others free of charge.

It doesn't look like anyone is too interested which I am not surprised. But I thought I would 'put it out there' in case someone had something they really want but does not know how to code.

TTYL Dominique,
AJ.
edited by aamjohns on 2/21/2015
0 link
Dominique Garcia
Dominique Garcia

2/21/2015
Dominique Garcia
Dominique Garcia
Aaron Johnson wrote:
Hi Dominique,
I am not greedy nor do I particulary demand compensation... It is just i have been doing this kind of stuff for people for many years and my wife has been drilling in my head I need to charge for my time. I often end up putting a lot of time into various projects for people without charge. Personally, I have viewed it as a learning experience for me. I learn and they get what they needed. But the time has come where I probably do need to get some compensation for the time. I have done some pretty cool projects for people, and they have taken many hours of work. My intent it not to charge much. I feel kinda bad even posting that but my wife is right. Considering the time I put into stuff it is not unacceptable to ask for something in return.

If I write something to be used with CastleOS for my own benefit, I will provide it to others free of charge.

It doesn't look like anyone is too interested which I am not surprised. But I thought I would 'put it out there' in case someone had something they really want but does not know how to code.

TTYL Dominique,
AJ.

Totally understandable, I am in the same boat. I have put a considerable amount of time and effort helping people (on other software). I can relate which was why I had said it was justified. I wouldnt worry about no one being interested just yet, this forum is small at the moment and users who visit this place everyday is low. CastleOS and forum is growing slowly but, you never know. Someone may come along and want to take you up on your offer. You should probably leave your contact info in case you miss a response on this thread.
0 link
Aaron Johnson
Aaron Johnson

2/22/2015
Aaron Johnson
Aaron Johnson
Hi Dominique,
Awesome. We both do the same kind of stuff. What are your preferred languages?

I can be emailed at aamjohns at gmail dot com and if someone really wants to reach me quick use aamjohns at iu dot edu.

Thanks!
0 link