LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeCastleHUB

Information, FAQs, Q&As, and everything else related to the CastleHUB can be found here

Hub versus MiniPC Messages in this topic - RSS

Mike
Mike

2/28/2015
Mike
Mike
Hey Chris,

I had a question about the major differences between the CastleOS Hub and the mini PC's that you were originally selling. I was one of the early adopters of CastleOS and bought one of the mini PC's to run my system, and am currently running two kinects.

Will I see much of a difference if I change over to the Hub? Or is the major difference not having to run a PC all day long?
Will there be any options to run 3 kinects off the hub or will 2 be the limit?

Thanks.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

2/28/2015
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Mike wrote:
Hey Chris,

I had a question about the major differences between the CastleOS Hub and the mini PC's that you were originally selling. I was one of the early adopters of CastleOS and bought one of the mini PC's to run my system, and am currently running two kinects.

Will I see much of a difference if I change over to the Hub? Or is the major difference not having to run a PC all day long?
Will there be any options to run 3 kinects off the hub or will 2 be the limit?

Thanks.

Hey Mike! The Hub is the next generation, CastleHUB branded, of the mini-PC. You're completely fine keeping what you have. The only exception would be if you wanted to add more Kinects, then you could get the new CastleHUB and use the existing mini-PC as a remote Kinect node. The new Hub can support up to two Kinect v1s, or one v1 (USB 2.0) and one v2 (USB 3.0).

Thanks!

-Chris
0 link
Daren Daigle
Daren Daigle

5/8/2015
Daren Daigle
Daren Daigle
Is the Kinect the only means to have voice response? Also when dealing with a larger house, how would one extend the voice control to other places? Android wear, more Kinects? I have not seen any system like this and am looking how to get the most of this in my new house (when I move).

- Daren
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

5/10/2015
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hey Darren, you can expand Kinects via USB extension cables, and/or adding compute nodes where needed. These days there's lots of low cost power efficient options to choose from.

Android Wear is also in development, and we're working on Cortana integration too!

In short, there's lots of options!

-Chris
0 link
Daren Daigle
Daren Daigle

5/10/2015
Daren Daigle
Daren Daigle
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Hey Darren, you can expand Kinects via USB extension cables, and/or adding compute nodes where needed. These days there's lots of low cost power efficient options to choose from.

Android Wear is also in development, and we're working on Cortana integration too!

-Chris

Can/Will my existing Xbox One play any role in this?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

5/23/2015
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Daren Daigle wrote:
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:

-Chris

Can/Will my existing Xbox One play any role in this?

Yes, you can either use the Kinect from it with a computer, or you can use the Xbox itself as an interface when we launch our Xbox app later this year!
0 link