LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Very basic question about installation Messages in this topic - RSS

David Flagg
David Flagg

8/21/2015
David Flagg
David Flagg
I searched but could not find the answer. I am installing for the first time and the OS is not finding devices. And the android app cannot find the core, even after entering the IP address. The computer I am installing it on is wired to the network, is it required that it be connected via WiFi?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

8/28/2015
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
David Flagg wrote:
I searched but could not find the answer. I am installing for the first time and the OS is not finding devices. And the android app cannot find the core, even after entering the IP address. The computer I am installing it on is wired to the network, is it required that it be connected via WiFi?

Hey David! WiFi is not a requirement, it simply needs to be connected to the network one way or the other. Does the CastleOS app load on the machine CastleOS is installed on? Does the Android app giving any error message? My guess is there may be other software installed on the computer causing a conflict with CastleOS.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble!!

-Chris
0 link
JOHN VALENCIA
JOHN VALENCIA

8/28/2015
JOHN VALENCIA
JOHN VALENCIA
I still cant figure out how to down load the app for IOS. Please help.
0 link
juehlinger
juehlinger

8/29/2015
juehlinger
juehlinger
JOHN VALENCIA wrote:

There is no iOS App in the store, yet. Just go to the IP Address of the machine hosting CastleOS in Safari and "create/send" the app/icon on your home screen.
0 link
JOHN VALENCIA
JOHN VALENCIA

8/30/2015
JOHN VALENCIA
JOHN VALENCIA
juehlinger wrote:
JOHN VALENCIA wrote:

There is no iOS App in the store, yet. Just go to the IP Address of the machine hosting CastleOS in Safari and "create/send" the app/icon on your home screen.

ok great. thanks
0 link