LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeCastleHUB

Information, FAQs, Q&As, and everything else related to the CastleHUB can be found here

HUB up...sort of. Some Observations and Questions Messages in this topic - RSS

videobear
videobear

12/5/2015
videobear
videobear
I connected the HUB directly to my router via Ethernet. Found the IP address, and the CastleOS app can see and run the HUB from my desktop computer or my smartphone. I also connected an Aeon Labs Z-stick Gen 5 to the USB port on the side of the HUB, and I enabled ECOBEE protocol and the HUB sees my Ecobee3 thermostat. All of this is good! Z-wave smart switches and dimmers will go in soon, and hopefully I'll be able to connect and control them, too.

However, I am having a few problems/issues.

1. Email setup. When I enter my email username and email password, clicking Save seems to remove the password from the box. Sending a test email to another email account or to my own email account does not produce a test message in my inbox, whether I hit the test button while the password box shows an entry, or not.

2. Frequent crashes. MANY times I get a "Something has gone wrong!" message and have to restart the app. Sometimes without even doing anything.

3. Network. When I look at this box in Settings, it says "Wifi not connected" which is true. It also says "Ethernet not connected", which is obviously UNtrue, or the app would not see the HUB at all!

4. About. I seem to have the latest version of CastleOS. How can I tell if I need any updates or Win10 updates? And if so, how to install them? Also, how can I access the hard drive I installed in the HUB to add media or files? I can only access the HUB with the CastleOS app. If I try to open it directly from its network icon as a computer on the network, that doesn't work. Also, I need a license key (noted in another thread.)
0 link