LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeCastleHUB

Information, FAQs, Q&As, and everything else related to the CastleHUB can be found here

Backing up the Hub? Messages in this topic - RSS

wolfpaw
wolfpaw

12/18/2015
wolfpaw
wolfpaw
Okay, so how do I backup the hub? Just in case it needs a nice kick in the butt to reset to factory settings?

Blind Wolf
0 link
Christopher Gross
Christopher Gross

12/19/2015
You would need either a DVD burner external or a usb flash. Then in Windows recovery create a back up.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/19/2015
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Not quite that complicated. Windows has a built in Windows Backup tool. It can be setup to save system images to USB drives, or network drives. It's good practice for every home to have a NAS (network attached storage) for backing up our digital lives smile
0 link
wolfpaw
wolfpaw

12/20/2015
wolfpaw
wolfpaw
well I got 20 TB NAS on my network and that is local, not offsite.

Just makeing sure its the same for the hub, since you can't even get to the root of the hard drives on the thing or change any other settings, such as I like having my icons on my desktop.

Bli nd Wolf
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/29/2015
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
If you have a 20TB NAS, you're good to go! Just pick your shared folder of choice, and direct Windows backup to make a daily system image (or any other backup pattern of your choice) to there. If anything ever fails, you can restore from that backup as needed.
0 link