LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Testing the kinect Messages in this topic - RSS

Aerin Rosenberg
Aerin Rosenberg

12/30/2015
Aerin Rosenberg
Aerin Rosenberg
Probably a stupid question. My zwave stick won't arrive until next week so I can't test CastleOS with my existing system. I was curious if there is any way to test the voice recognition of the kinect without devices attached. Thanks.
0 link
Kevin Mathews
Kevin Mathews

12/31/2015
Kevin Mathews
Kevin Mathews
Aerin Rosenberg wrote:
Probably a stupid question. My zwave stick won't arrive until next week so I can't test CastleOS with my existing system. I was curious if there is any way to test the voice recognition of the kinect without devices attached. Thanks.

There are no stupid questions here, though we may sometimes subconsciously choose to feel that way... Especially when our spouse gives us that look... But I digress.
Can't help you with the Kinect question I'm waiting for the next release which hopefully will support Kv2 or possibly Echo.
Just wanted you to know that all questions should be asked, even if you figure out the answer, others may be afraid to ask...
+1 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

12/31/2015
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
You can test out voice recognition by asking it built in questions like: "What is today's forecast?", "what time is it?". You can also set up in the kinect configurator to run a simple script that is triggered based on a phrase you define. Can probably define a phrase that is the same as your future zwave device name.
+1 link
Eric F
Eric F

12/31/2015
Eric F
Eric F
In addition to what Tommy said, you can also tell it to "Run Demo Script" as an option, or setup your own scripts as well.
+1 link