LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Using keypads with CastleOS Messages in this topic - RSS

Kevin Mathews
Kevin Mathews

1/6/2017
Kevin Mathews
Kevin Mathews
Finally! Thanks!!!
And now how about ramp rates and fast-on/fast-off for Insteon?
Battery status/alerts for motion and door sensors
Software addressable programming for Insteon Motion Sensors (IMS).
Light level from IMS
Remote (fob-style) multi-button Insteon keypad support.

Hoping all is soon on the horizon.

PS. Happy New Year!
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/8/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
"And now how about ramp rates and fast-on/fast-off for Insteon?"

In development now.

"Battery status/alerts for motion and door sensors"

We're working on a feature for monitoring battery status of battery powered devices that will be part of our Intelligence feature suite. It will be a "set it and forget it" feature.

"Software addressable programming for Insteon Motion Sensors (IMS)."

What are you looking to do here?

"Light level from IMS"

The CastleOS 2.0 does indeed support luminosity sensors, but we haven't enabled the INSTEON sensors for that. The are very inaccurate compared to others we've tested, so we ran with those instead.

"Remote (fob-style) multi-button Insteon keypad support."

I believe this will work now with the new update for KeypadLincs, but it is untested. Try setting the device to KeypadLinc and see if it works as a trigger.

Thanks!!
0 link
Kevin Mathews
Kevin Mathews

1/10/2017
Kevin Mathews
Kevin Mathews
Good news! As for the software addressable features, here's from the IMS manual:

Jumper 5 – Remote (Software) Management
If you wish to manage all of sensors settings via INSTEON software (such as HouseLinc), install jumper 5 on both pins. Then,
follow your INSTEON software instructions for managing sensor.

It would be nice to be able to easily (and more accurately) adjust sensitivity, off-time and other parameters without always needing to open the device up.

As for luminosity, I know the IMS is kludgy in that arena, but it beats needing more than one sensor, especially when the requirements are only coarse resolution. So, unless you have a good recommendation for an outdoor wireless motion sensor with luminosity (and maybe other parameter outputs?) having that available from IMS would be nice.

I'll try the remote keypads and see how it goes.

I do have another issue but I will start a new thread for it - a repeat concern.

KM
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/18/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
INSTEON just announced their new motion sensor. I'm going to review it in context of the IMS and we'll see what we can come up with.
0 link