A forum topic for reporting bugs and other issues with CastleOS

Changing timezone results in wrong date/time Messages in this topic - RSS

Phil Hawthorne
Phil Hawthorne

1/19/2016
Phil Hawthorne
Phil Hawthorne
This is on the CastleHUB.

By default the CastleHUB ships with the timezone set to -0800.

I change the timezone to my timezone, +1000 and the timezone updated in Windows, but to the incorrect date and time. In the future by 13 hours.

This should be synced by a timeserver, so not sure how its happened
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/19/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
I'm not sure either. That's a Windows thing, CastleOS is only changing the Windows system time zone using the standard method..
0 link
Phil Hawthorne
Phil Hawthorne

1/19/2016
Phil Hawthorne
Phil Hawthorne
Yeah that's what I suspected. Might just have been something random in WIndows
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

5/2/2016
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
How did you fix this? I have been trying to troubleshoot timed events not firing and getting Kinect service up and running on my hub. I was hoping to TS into the hub from my laptop to do the initial setup, but I cannot connect. When I try to ping my hub I get request timeout errors. I finally went to the logs I could see through the WebUT and saw that the restart time was something like 14 hours and 20 minutes in the future. That would definitely explain the timed events not firing as expected, and could even explain the inability to remotely connect.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

5/2/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
If you send a remote support request, we can log in and fix the time zone. I'll try to install Team Viewer for you too, so that you can remotely connect. Not 100% sure I can do it while connected, if not the backup method is to connect it to a monitor and keyboard one time to install Team Viewer. The link for the installer is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j6VE4C-S-Ga21NNVlldVREODQ
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

5/3/2016
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
If you send a remote support request, we can log in and fix the time zone. I'll try to install Team Viewer for you too, so that you can remotely connect. Not 100% sure I can do it while connected, if not the backup method is to connect it to a monitor and keyboard one time to install Team Viewer. The link for the installer is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j6VE4C-S-Ga21NNVlldVREODQ

Request sent with support code s59-940-735
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

5/3/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
I'm logged in right now. This is definitely a Windows 10 bug. The timezone is indeed set correctly, internet time sync is enabled, yet the current time is listed as 1:51am on the 4th, which is tomorrow. I'm writing this at 1:36pm local, so it's not even the right minutes of the hour.

However, when I manually do an internet time sync, it sets the time correctly.

Regarding the team viewer install, I can't do that while connected, unfortunately. I tried as a backup installing Chrome Remote Desktop, but that needs a google account to work. So you'll have to use the monitor and keyboard method for the one time install. Team Viewer will start on boot after that, and you should be good to go...

If only MS included RDP in the consumer versions of Windows, we could have this enabled by default... I'm not sure why they don't consider its freely available everywhere else now...
0 link