LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Kinect Configurator Messages in this topic - RSS

Josh T
Josh T

1/20/2016
Josh T
Josh T
I just setup a new computer with windows 10 and have installed everything per instructions. However, the kinect configurator will not launch for me. Nor did it launch after installing the Kinect services. A little lost as to what to do from here to get it to launch.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/20/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hey Josh, can you confirm the version number of the Kinect Services you installed? The current one would be 1.3.1040.

It's odd that it won't open at all, there may be a system conflict with something else on the system.
0 link
Josh T
Josh T

1/20/2016
Josh T
Josh T
Hi Chris. Yes it is the latest version downloaded from the site today. I haven't installed anything else, this is a fresh windows install and just CastleOS.
0 link
Josh T
Josh T

1/20/2016
Josh T
Josh T
Well it randomly worked this time. Gonna play with it and will let you know if I run into anything else. Thanks for the speedy reply, Chris!
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/20/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
It's possible Windows was doing updates in the background. That could've caused it...
0 link
Josh T
Josh T

1/20/2016
Josh T
Josh T
So it seems that my kinect is the issue somehow. When its unplugged, the configurator opens, when its plugged in, it will not open. If i plug it in while the configurator is running, after a few moments it crashes the configurator. Any ideas on that? Did I miss installing something?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/20/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Do you have anything else plugged in via USB?
0 link
George Deluca
George Deluca

1/24/2017
George Deluca
George Deluca
I have an xbox 360 kinects. I installed V1 of the Kinect Service. The same problem where the Config won't start. Should I have installed V2?
0 link
Eric F
Eric F

1/24/2017
Eric F
Eric F
I recently got this issue as well on version 1.3.3135.

Backstory: The Kinect was responding to commands nobody was giving (no-one was even speaking and she literally just kept rambling until i unplugged the kinect) thought somehow the sensitivity got messed up and was going to try and adjust, but configurator would not open. Reinstalled from scratch, still no configurator, still responding when nobody talking.

Installed the last version i had downloaded and was able to access the configurator (also original issue was gone) however this was also the version that uninstalled itself every night at midnight...
0 link
George Deluca
George Deluca

1/24/2017
George Deluca
George Deluca
Eric F wrote:
I recently got this issue as well on version 1.3.3135.

Backstory: The Kinect was responding to commands nobody was giving (no-one was even speaking and she literally just kept rambling until i unplugged the kinect) thought somehow the sensitivity got messed up and was going to try and adjust, but configurator would not open. Reinstalled from scratch, still no configurator, still responding when nobody talking.

Installed the last version i had downloaded and was able to access the configurator (also original issue was gone) however this was also the version that uninstalled itself every night at midnight...

Thanks Eric. I tried V2. Nothing happened. Went back to V1, latest version and BOY did she give me a mouthful. Started 3 timers, then cleared 3 timers. Then the Time. Then the temperature. I'll try reverting to an older version of Kinect V1.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Thanks for the reports, and sorry about this. I'll figure out what's going on and get a fix posted ASAP. This seems to only affect the V1 configurator, not V2. I'm guessing something is missing in the build. Will post an update shortly...
+1 link
George Deluca
George Deluca

1/24/2017
George Deluca
George Deluca
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Thanks for the reports, and sorry about this. I'll figure out what's going on and get a fix posted ASAP. This seems to only affect the V1 configurator, not V2. I'm guessing something is missing in the build. Will post an update shortly...

I have 2 umbrella cockatoos, they started yelling at the speaker. LOL (BTW: Ya, they can talk.) They told it to shut up!
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Well I just tested and with both a fresh config file and the existing test one, I can't replicate the issue. Anyone experiencing it mind letting me do a remote troubleshoot on your machine? Thanks!!
0 link
George Deluca
George Deluca

1/24/2017
George Deluca
George Deluca
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Well I just tested and with both a fresh config file and the existing test one, I can't replicate the issue. Anyone experiencing it mind letting me do a remote troubleshoot on your machine? Thanks!!

Sure.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
0 link
George Deluca
George Deluca

1/24/2017
George Deluca
George Deluca
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:

You can on my system. We did this once before. But, I forget how to initiate?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/24/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
An update with a fix has been posted. You can get it from the download page. Thanks again for the report!
0 link
Eric F
Eric F

1/29/2017
Eric F
Eric F
i can confirm that the new update has brought back the ability to open the configurator!

However the system randomly talking about timers and temperature and saying random scripts repeatedly without prompting is still happening
0 link