LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeCastleHUB

Information, FAQs, Q&As, and everything else related to the CastleHUB can be found here

HUB and HDMI audio? Messages in this topic - RSS

videobear
videobear

1/30/2016
videobear
videobear
the HUB doesn't appear to be able to output its audio over the HDMI connection. Am I doing something wrong?

Additional information: The Realtek audio settings come up blank and tell me it's because I don't have anything connected to the analog audio ports.
INTEL HD graphics settings, Audio, tell me I have to connect "two or more audio capable devices".
In Device Manager, there are two "HD audio" devices listed. One says it is working properly, the other says "failed."
The HDMI cable from the HUB goes into my Samsung 4K UHD TV, and the TV shows video from the HUB fine. This TV is connected to a Yamaha AV receiver via the receiver's HDMI OUT port. The receiver is ARC capable, and plays audio from the TV just fine.
0 link
Phil Hawthorne
Phil Hawthorne

1/31/2016
Phil Hawthorne
Phil Hawthorne
videobear wrote:
the HUB doesn't appear to be able to output its audio over the HDMI connection. Am I doing something wrong?

Additional information: The Realtek audio settings come up blank and tell me it's because I don't have anything connected to the analog audio ports.
INTEL HD graphics settings, Audio, tell me I have to connect "two or more audio capable devices".
In Device Manager, there are two "HD audio" devices listed. One says it is working properly, the other says "failed."
The HDMI cable from the HUB goes into my Samsung 4K UHD TV, and the TV shows video from the HUB fine. This TV is connected to a Yamaha AV receiver via the receiver's HDMI OUT port. The receiver is ARC capable, and plays audio from the TV just fine.

Hey Videobear,

Just to make sure there's something in your setup that could be causing a problem, can you connect your HUB directly to your TV, and use the TV audio toi see if anything comes out. I'm thinking your receiver might be doing something...

I have my CastleHUB plugged in via HDMI to a Samsung 32" Smart TV. Sound comes out via the TV speakers as expected, Didn't have to fiddle with anything.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

2/2/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hey videobear, are you trying to do this while the HDMI the CastleHUB is plugged into is active? Many receivers will de-power the port when it's not active, hence putting into a "failed" state.
0 link
videobear
videobear

2/3/2016
videobear
videobear
Well, yeah. The HDMI sorta has to be active, because I can see the castle OS computer's Windows interface on the screen. The HDMI is one on the TV, not directly into the receiver. Phil, the TV speakers are active. Sound is passed from the TV to the receiver via the audio return channel of the HDMI cable between the TV and the receiver.
0 link