HomeBug Reports

A forum topic for reporting bugs and other issues with CastleOS

Z-Wave not Enabling Messages in this topic - RSS

Eric F
Eric F

2/18/2016
Eric F
Eric F
Whenever i try to enable zwave through settings, it reloads the page showing enabled; however if i refresh the settings page or try to navigate somewhere to operate my zwave devices, it immediately is disabled again and the devices do not respond to commands.

I updated to the latest version of castleos thinking that may help, but it did not, same symptoms persist.
edited by efrese on 2/18/2016
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

2/18/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Sounds like it cannot initialize Z-Wave. What's being outputted to the error log?
0 link
Eric F
Eric F

2/19/2016
Eric F
Eric F
found it:

-error timestamp="2/18/2016 6:36:27 PM"

note Error initializing Z-Wave. /note

data System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal /data

message The port 'COM4' does not exist. /message

innerException/

source System /source

stackTrace at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at Zensys.ZWave.SerialPortTransport.CommPort.Open() at Zensys.ZWave.SerialPortFrame.FrameLayer.Open(String portName) at Zensys.ZWave.SerialPortSession.SessionLayer.Open(String portName) at Zensys.ZWave.SerialPortApplication.Devices.Device.Open(String portName) at av.g() /stackTrace

targetSite Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String) /targetSite

/error

So i tried a different USB port (com3) amd now it seems to be working again. the other one was working just last week though, any idea what would cause that? anything else i plug into that port works just fine!
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

2/19/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Did you move which port it's plugged into? It probably just got reassigned to a new COM port... a future update will add auto discovery so this will be moot...it's in there we just haven't enabled it (want to test it some more).
0 link
Eric F
Eric F

2/19/2016
Eric F
Eric F
I moved to a new port to fix the problem, but hadn't touched it before. Well at least itll be a moot problem eventually, i'll take that! im the mean time if it happens again ill just change ports again!

Thanks Chris!
0 link