A forum topic for reporting bugs and other issues with CastleOS

Security: Sensors not updating status Messages in this topic - RSS

Phil Hawthorne
Phil Hawthorne

4/14/2016
Phil Hawthorne
Phil Hawthorne
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Are you sure this isn't a rogue script? There's just nothing that could trigger a 23% dim command to be sent, if it was 100 or 0, sure, but 23? That number doesn't even come up in a search when we check the source code...

I only have the following scripts
  • A weather script that runs at 7:29am. It runs Mon-Fri, gets executed, but 95% of the time the TTS doesn't hit the sonos It executes an exe, and parses the ourput of that text to CastleOS.
  • A conditional script that pings an IP address when motion in my bedroom is not detected, and my bedroom lights are on after 5pm
  • A script that sends a TTS to my sonos when the command "are you up" is given via voice.
There are no other API/Script calls into CastleOS.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

4/14/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
I still don't see what could cause this. What does the event log say, and before and after it as well?
0 link
Phil Hawthorne
Phil Hawthorne

4/14/2016
Phil Hawthorne
Phil Hawthorne
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
I still don't see what could cause this. What does the event log say, and before and after it as well?

Here's the events log, from the latest one that occured, and the previous 12 hours.

You'll notice there's minutes either side of when the Fairy Lights were changed.

Attachments:
events.log
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

4/14/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Oh, that's just indicating it updated the status of the device within the system. There no indication CastleOS itself drove that status change, however. Likely the device self-reported the status change. I'm guessing you have a phantom in your Z-Wave network, maybe one of the sensors is directly signaling the switch when a certain property value is met.
0 link
Phil Hawthorne
Phil Hawthorne

4/14/2016
Phil Hawthorne
Phil Hawthorne
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
I'm guessing you have a phantom in your Z-Wave network, maybe one of the sensors is directly signaling the switch when a certain property value is met.

How? They are brand new devices out-of-the-box. The only way they have been added to my network was inside CastleOS, which I can't see an option to directly associate a device together with? I'm on the black stick remember, I don't think I have any devices that support association.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

4/14/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
The black stick still supports association. You tried manually linking them too, right? It's possible it happened there. You could always factory reset everything and try again, that way at the very least if it happens again, you can conclusively it's not that.

If I had even the slightest hint it could be something in CastleOS I'd tell you, but if CastleOS is sending that command from a schedule, the attempt to send the command will be logged along with the command being sent. So that tells me whatever is causing it is coming from the outside..
0 link