LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

"What's the time?" response Messages in this topic - RSS

Grant Vallis
Grant Vallis

3/19/2016
Grant Vallis
Grant Vallis
Hello Chris,
I've just started "playing" with your software, I used to use Homeseer, but I like what I've seen so far. I like the "community" feeling of your product and forums. Well done!
I have a couple of questions. I've got my Kinect working and I'm very impressed. However, when I ask "Computer, what's the time?", instead of saying "ten, thirty one", the response will be "ten to thirty one". It seems the system to seeing "10:31" as a ratio instead of a time. Is this a regional settings issue for something with the software?
My second question is about setting up an event. When setting the starting and ending times for turning a light on or off for example, would it be possible to add a random "security" adjustment to the start and end times? Let's say you want the light to turn on at 8:00pm, with a random security adjustment of maybe +/- 10 minutes, the light could turn on anytime between 7:50pm and 8:10pm, giving the impression that someone is home. What do you think?
You've done a great job Chris! I'm excited to see what new ideas you've got planned.
Thanks,
Grant
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

3/19/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
"Is this a regional settings issue for something with the software?"

It must be, first report we've had of that. What's your region set to?

For the second question, you can do that with scripting...have the event fire off at 7:50pm, but instead of changing the lights via the list in the event builder, have it call a script for the action instead. In the script, you can add a quick random number generator, 0 to 20, and then call the lights in the script. It's super simple, once you do it once you'll be able to do with ease..
edited by ccicchitelli on 3/19/2016
0 link
Grant Vallis
Grant Vallis

3/19/2016
Grant Vallis
Grant Vallis
Hi Chris,

I figured out what my problem was, it was the voice I was using.

Many years ago, I wrote a text-to-speech application for a friend's father, who lost his voice to throat cancer. In order to have the voice sound a little more "human", I purchased a voice library from a company called NeoSpeech.

The voices sounded very natural, so I thought I would try them with CastleOS and they work quite nicely, until I ask for the time. LOL!!! The funny thing is only the one voice adds the "to" in between the hour and the minutes while the other 2 don't, go figure.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your assistance.

Grant
0 link