LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Somfy ZRTSI Z-Wave to RTS Messages in this topic - RSS

Tommy Long
Tommy Long

12/3/2016
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
Minor bug in 1.3.3118 for this ZWave shade. The Device is configured as Type Blinds/Curtains.
1) Under Portal->Favorites, where I put these blinds, the "Blinds/Curtain" Icon is there and I can use it for opening or closing the shade.

2) Under "Devices" tab there is an issue with the slider button.
When the blinds are open it shows as 100%" and "OPN". When sliding the button to "CLD", nothing happens, and after a couple
of seconds the button changes back to "OPN". I can select the % to 0 to close the blinds and the button will change to "CLD".

Similarly when the blinds are closed it shows 0% and "CLD" . When selecting "OPN"
the blinds do not open and the button eventually moves back to "CLD".
I can select % to 100 and the blinds will open and the button will change to "OPN"
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/5/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Thanks for the report! There was a reference issue in the Device list UI so the button wasn't working correctly, that's fixed now and will be in the next release.
0 link
Glen Kay
Glen Kay

2/25/2017
Glen Kay
Glen Kay
Tommy:

I've tried the same and have had no luck. Would you mind telling me step by step how you did it? I have Bali blinds with z-wave plus remotes and have AeotecGen5-USB/CastleOS.

Thank you very much,
Glen

Tommy Long wrote:
I finally got the Autoview based motorized shades in and tried them out. These are ZWave+ devices. It works!!
I followed the Autoview instructions for replacing a lost remote with a new remote but substituted the AeotecGen5-USB/CastleOS as the new remote.
The motorized shade shows up in CastleOS as a dimmer.
The ON opens the shade, OFF closes the shade.
Dimmer percentage works too. It is the percentage the shade opens.
Occasionally, the battery level shows up as well.

Chris, I did notice one issue. If I set the shade to a certain percentage, or even ON as 100%, afterwards the GUI shows a different percentage.
What appears to be happening is that the shade moves and when it finishes it reports the percentage in hex instead of decimal, and CastleOS displays the hex value in the GUI. For example, if I set the shade to 55% (I see this in the log as updated status to 55%) and ~10sec later I see in the log that it updated status to 37. 37(hex) is 55(decimal). The GUI shows the shade as set to 37%.

Tommy
edited by TommyLong on 10/8/2016
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

2/25/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Glen, what have you tried? You should simply need to add the Z-Wave devices to CastleOS.
0 link
Tommy Long
Tommy Long

2/25/2017
Tommy Long
Tommy Long
Here are the detailed notes I made when I did this:

1) Follow instructions for AutoView manual titled:
"Adding a New Remote When the Only Remote Controlling the Shade is Lost" Step-1
This will remove the Primary Controller from the motor's memory, but keeps the shade's stops in memory.
(press and hold the shade's buttons ~7sec until shade jogs, then release button)
2) Remove Aeotec USB dongle from PC, put it in inclusion mode
(by tapping its Action button until LED blinks blue) and carry it close to the shade.
3) Follow instructions for AutoView manual titled:
"Adding a New Remote When the Only Remote Controlling the Shade is Lost" Step-3.
This tells the motor to complete the inclusion process.
(press and hold the motor's button ~3seconds until Green LED flashing).
Aeotect Blue LED should go solid for ~2sec which confirms the inclusion. It will next start flashing again.
For me, the motor's Green LED went solid for several seconds, and then turned off.
4) Put Aeotec Stick back in CastleOS machine.
5) CastleOS should auto-discover the shade the shade with name: "Switch Multilevel:n"
where "n" may correspond to the next numbered ZWave device.
It will correspond to a dimmer. The On should open the shades, and off should close.
The Dimmer settings work corresponding to percent the shades should open.
After several minutes later, the battery level will show up as well
(Note: You may have to re-enable ZWave in CastleOS reboot the machine, or both and make sure the COM port is still correct).
0 link
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad

6/22/2017
Assistive Tech Dad
Assistive Tech Dad
Has anyone been able to get a Somfy ZRTSI 16-Channel device to work with COS? I have the Somfy ZRTSI connected to the ZWave network, and each virtual channel added to the ZWave network (per Somfy instructions). COS sees the main device and each virtual channel as its own device. I have connected the ZRTSI to the actual motors (and tested the control transmission via the ZRTSI UI). However, when I try to operate the motors via COS nothing happens. The logs show the ZWave commands being sent, but I am not seeing anything at the actual motors.
0 link