LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Q&A

Have non-support related questions? Ask them here!

Upgrade Question Messages in this topic - RSS

Gary Bixler
Gary Bixler

11/25/2016
Gary Bixler
Gary Bixler
I noticed that version 2 is available but it did not upgrade on my mini hub PC that I purchased with the CastleOS software. I thought that it was to be automatic. I don't see anywhere to initialize an upgrade.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

11/25/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Gary, we'll be pushing it out to the hubs tonight. It should auto update overnight. Thanks!!
0 link
Kevin Mathews
Kevin Mathews

11/29/2016
Kevin Mathews
Kevin Mathews
Does the beta group get pushed too or do we need to upload the latest-greatest?
0 link
Kevin Mathews
Kevin Mathews

11/29/2016
Kevin Mathews
Kevin Mathews
BTW, a little suggestion for this new version: Can you add a small bar-graphic on the side of the "switch" icon in the portal which would show the current dim status? Or maybe just a number as a percentage on the icon.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

11/30/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Kevin Mathews wrote:
Does the beta group get pushed too or do we need to upload the latest-greatest?

Beta's aren't pushed, and we will continue to have them over the coming weeks with more features. But right now the main release is pushing the first RC (release candidate) which is the most up to date.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

11/30/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Kevin Mathews wrote:
BTW, a little suggestion for this new version: Can you add a small bar-graphic on the side of the "switch" icon in the portal which would show the current dim status? Or maybe just a number as a percentage on the icon.

It shows if you tap and hold the icon/tile for a moment. Not sure if you knew that or not...
0 link
Kevin Mathews
Kevin Mathews

11/30/2016
Kevin Mathews
Kevin Mathews
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Kevin Mathews wrote:

It shows if you tap and hold the icon/tile for a moment. Not sure if you knew that or not...

Yes, I know that, but I think it would be better if all icons showed current status without having to query them via a long press or mouse click. One glance shows all device statuses.
Also still anxiously waiting for ramp rates and fast-on/off to be available. I've given up asking for other advanced Insteon actions...
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

11/30/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Now is the time to ask for the advanced options smile The major back end update is complete so we can load that stuff in now!

Regarding the dim level, we do have a design with that on the tile without a click. Waiting for feedback to see what people prefer, so yours is duly noted, thank you!
0 link
Kevin Mathews
Kevin Mathews

11/30/2016
Kevin Mathews
Kevin Mathews
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Now is the time to ask for the advanced options smile The major back end update is complete so we can load that stuff in now!

Regarding the dim level, we do have a design with that on the tile without a click. Waiting for feedback to see what people prefer, so yours is duly noted, thank you!

Not so much dim level, but ramp rate... from 100 to 50 in XX seconds...
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

11/30/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Yup that option will be coming to Events and Scenes...you'll also be able to do it from scripts.
0 link