LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

CastleOS Seeing Nothing Messages in this topic - RSS

Brian Downey
Brian Downey

12/13/2016
Brian Downey
Brian Downey
Hey guys,

I just started messing around with CastleOS on my Windows Server (2016) this evening.

I have one WeMo light switch and a Plex server, but the CastleOS install discovers nothing at all. Devices are supposed to pop up and appear without input, correct?

It's an open /24 network with no firewalling on any of the hosts. I have some UniFi AP's that are set up as transparent L2 bridges, no client isolation.

The WeMo phone app discovered the light switch without issues, and the other Windows 10 PC's on the newtork (both wired and wireless) see the WeMo switch in "Network" in Windows Explorer (including the server), which leads me to believe all the uPnP/multicast stuff is working just fine.

I installed CastleOS on an additional Windows 10 computer in the network to isolate the Window Server as being the problem, but it too discovers nothing.

Thoughts?
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/13/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Brian, an update to the WeMo issue has been posted here: http://www.castleos.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=972.

Regarding the Plex server, what are you looking to do? How you interface with CastleOS will depend on what you're trying to do.

Thanks,
Chris
0 link