HomeFeature Suggestions

A forum topic for suggesting new features for CastleOS

Block Incorrect Order of Activate Actions Messages in this topic - RSS

Gregory Martin
Gregory Martin

12/14/2016
Gregory Martin
Gregory Martin
A couple of years ago a note was posted about being able to enable functions without uploading a file.

I found this message in a post in October 2014 ->
{Enable Z-Wave before clicking save on the COM port, in which case the COM port was not saved and the system is trying to load a null value, causing the crash. This is obviously a flaw of our GUI logic which we'll fix ASAP...}

I just experienced a similar issue with enabling UPB, where it is possible to Enable UPB before loading an exported UPB file.

It would be great to have the web UI would block actions that are performed out of order thereby not allowing Active to be set on a function until after the correct file was loaded.
Also, if the file type is wrong, would be nice to get a message about that as well. Perhaps hinting what file extension was expected on that error would be cool to.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

12/14/2016
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Gregory Martin wrote:
A couple of years ago a note was posted about being able to enable functions without uploading a file.

I found this message in a post in October 2014 ->
{Enable Z-Wave before clicking save on the COM port, in which case the COM port was not saved and the system is trying to load a null value, causing the crash. This is obviously a flaw of our GUI logic which we'll fix ASAP...}

I just experienced a similar issue with enabling UPB, where it is possible to Enable UPB before loading an exported UPB file.

It would be great to have the web UI would block actions that are performed out of order thereby not allowing Active to be set on a function until after the correct file was loaded.
Also, if the file type is wrong, would be nice to get a message about that as well. Perhaps hinting what file extension was expected on that error would be cool to.

Hi Greg! In the example from Z-Wave, that did get resolved. However, with the UPB, I'll double check what happens when it's started without uploading a file first. In theory, it should be simply reverting to disable and resetting the button. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Regarding the file type, it should only be accepting the file type generated by UPStart, and not letting you upload anything else? I'll double check that too.

Thanks!
0 link