LOGIN  |  REGISTER
Smart Living Made Brilliant!
CASTLEOS FORUM

HomeGeneral Support

The general support forum topic for CastleOS - ask questions, get help, and more

Aeon Labs Minimote Config Messages in this topic - RSS

J White
J White

1/5/2017
J White
J White
Hi. Just started to try out CastleOS. So far adding a Zwave switch and outlet is a breeze but I can't seem to figure out my Aeon Labs Minimote.

First, I upgraded to the latest firware on Aeon Labs website and that was successful. Then added to my Aeon Labs Z Stick Gen 5 successfully too. Castle OS recognized it as a generic controller 3. When I go to edit the device there isn't anything about buttons 1-4 or anything that seems like I could use this to initiate scenes within Castle OS. It auto populated as device "other" and none of the available descriptions seem like they are viable either.

Example, I would like to hit "button 1" and have CastleOS run the "turn the outside lights on" scene.

Any help would be great! Let me know if you need any other info or specs. Thanks.
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

1/5/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Hi Jeff!
I can confirm the minimote should be working as you expect. A couple of notes:

1) When you go to Add Event, and select this device, does it give you the option to select the channel as a trigger? You should also see icons for the buttons on the Devices screen.

2) You'll need to change the minimote itself from it's default mode to use it like that, there is instructions in the pamphlet that came with it, you use that little tool.

Thanks!
0 link
Eric F
Eric F

9/23/2017
Eric F
Eric F
Hello! I am having the same issue with my Aeon Labs Minimote.

In Edit Device, the Type is showing up as "Other" with no Keypad option to switch to; and in Add Event, the only options to trigger with the device are when it "Activates"/"Deactivates"...

Any help is much appreciated!
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

9/23/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
Did you happen to associate this via a method other than CastleOS? I would try to unlink it via CastleOS, then link it again through CastleOS. It sounds like it wasn't properly discovered..
0 link
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator

9/23/2017
Chris Cicchitelli
Chris Cicchitelli
Administrator
You should be seeing the channels for each button. And in Add Event, when you select the trigger device, you should have an option to pick a channel of that device as well.
0 link
Eric F
Eric F

9/25/2017
Eric F
Eric F
That fixed it! I had previously added it to the Z-Stick manually via the Z-Stick itself, removing and re-adding via the CastleOS interface got the channels to show up! Thanks Chris!
0 link