GaryB

all messages by user

3/1/2015
Topic:
Castle0s Hub

Gary Bixler
Gary Bixler
Hi
I don't seem to be able to find the hub on Kickstarter in order to reserve It. Was also wondering when it will be available?
3/21/2015
Topic:
Version 2 capabilities

Gary Bixler
Gary Bixler
Hi
I only have two major requirements that I would like available on the Hub for now. I am hoping that Version 2 will include the following capabilities.
1. Be able to send a simple HTTP request to the hub from an ISY in order to trigger a speech response. Basically give a voice to the ISY.
2. Be able to send a REST command from the hub to the ISY triggered by a voice command. Basically allow the ISY to respond to voice commands.
If not in version 2 I hope that these capabilities will be available in the near future.
Thanks
Gary
7/14/2015
Topic:
CastleHub access and Microsoft Kinect

Gary Bixler
Gary Bixler
Hi
It seems that the Microsoft Kinects V1 and V2 are no longer available. The V2 at Amazon however was $399.00 (very expensive) used and sold by a third party. So I am not sure what would be used with the hub for voice control.
Also can you connect a monitor and mouse to the hub for easier access for setting up scripts and such or can you remotely connect using a browser?
Thanks
Gary
10/21/2015
Topic:
CastleHUB Updates - July 29th

Gary Bixler
Gary Bixler
hi,
Just received my Hub today. It's great. I was hoping for version 2.0 so that I could use http requests in an event. Any timeline for version 2.0
Thanks
Gary
10/22/2015
Topic:

Gary Bixler
Gary Bixler
Hi Chris
Thanks for the information. Everything came to a screeching halt this morning on the hub and the fan was running fast.There were window updates going on and slowed things down to the point that nothing could run properly. Finally I power reset as it wouldn't shutdown completely on request. After the power reset the updates completed and all is well now. The fan is normal again.
What I really would like to know is how I can play a wav file as an action in an event. I searched the forum but couldn't find anything that explained how to do it at least not that I could understand. Need scripting for dummies examples. Also as I have some Python scripts that run on a Raspberry Pi. I was wondering if Python3 could be loaded into windows and the scripts be used by CastleOS.
Thanks for any assistance.
Gary
10/22/2015
Topic:

Gary Bixler
Gary Bixler
Thanks Chris.
Just one more thing. Where or how do I enter the script. Then I will be onto scripting.
Thanks
Gary
10/23/2015
Topic:
Repair Windows 10

Gary Bixler
Gary Bixler
Hi
I am sure this is the first. While downloading and installing and then uninstalling CS-Script I inadvertency lost the .7z unzipping app on the Hub. I don't know what the original one was but tried others but they don't seem to work well. Was wondering if there might be an online recovery to restore Windows back to it original state. It usually wouldn't be difficult but there are no recovery disks or system restore points.
Thanks
Gary
10/23/2015
Topic:
Repair Windows 10

Gary Bixler
Gary Bixler
Unfortunately this version doesn't have the restore point option. The unzip apps suggested by the system don't work as well as the original that was in Windows. Would like to know what the original was.
10/23/2015
Topic:
Repair Windows 10

Gary Bixler
Gary Bixler
Thanks Chris,
Didn't know CS-Script was already loaded. Where might it be located? No problems really just that I lost the windows unzip file.
Basically I would lust like to try writing a script and be able to test it.
edited by GaryB on 10/23/2015
edited by GaryB on 10/23/2015
10/31/2015
Topic:
API

Gary Bixler
Gary Bixler
Hi,
I also noticed the new release although not version 2. I couldn't find any references to http requests as event triggers or anywhere else. Does that mean it will be forthcoming?
Thanks Gary
11/25/2016
Topic:
Upgrade Question

Gary Bixler
Gary Bixler
I noticed that version 2 is available but it did not upgrade on my mini hub PC that I purchased with the CastleOS software. I thought that it was to be automatic. I don't see anywhere to initialize an upgrade.