CASTLEOS FORUM

AVGeek

all messages by user

5/25/2016
Topic:
Amazon Echo versus CastleOS

T- Brad
T- Brad
I have just added Amazon Echo's to two rooms in my home and have never used the CastleOS due to it not supporting Microsoft Kinect Version 2. I’m blown away at how easy it was to add the Amazon Echo and sync it with my Insteon devices. No joke, within 10 minutes the Amazon Echo was connected to my Wi-Fi, located all my Insteon devices (12 lights,1 thermostat, 1 motion sensor) and was ready to go. What I am most happy about is the Amazon Echo always recognizes my commands. Literally 9 out of 10 commands is followed promptly and most often the one it misses I incorrectly phrased.

Knowing my intention of only controlling the mentioned Insteon devices are there any pros to still pondering CastleOS? My primary reason for asking is due to all the time and money I invested into purchasing devices to run CastleOS (Microsoft Kinect Version 2, Microsoft Kinect Version 2 USB connector, USB expansion card for PC, customizing PC to support being powered on 24/7). A great deal of time and money possibly tossed down the drain.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
edited by AVGeek on 5/25/2016