CASTLEOS FORUM

Black Forest

all messages by user

1/27/2016
Topic:
Kinect v2 support

Black Forest
Black Forest
What are or will be the advantages of using Kinect 2 vs. Kinect 1? I have a project that needs to be ready to go at the end of March and I have been waiting for the Kinect 2 to come online with this software.
1/28/2016
Topic:
Kinect v2 support

Black Forest
Black Forest
Chris you are definitely not ready for prime time with this software or your business. The support is very lacking. Very non professional. If you want to be taken seriously then get a grip on your support. Very dissapointed in your level of response to both emails and here on your fourm.
2/3/2016
Topic:
Training the Kinect

Black Forest
Black Forest
Phil let me get this right. Your computer listens to you but not your girlfriend and you are not happy with that situation. She can't change the channel on the TV easily, change the lights on a whim, turn on bad music.

We need to talk or better yet would you like to swap girlfriends? Of course I would be willing to throw in a little extra cash on my side of the deal!smile
2/3/2016
Topic:
Kinect v2 support

Black Forest
Black Forest
When will Kinect 2 be available or supported? Is there an actual date?
3/3/2016
Topic:
When will Kinect 2 be supported?

Black Forest
Black Forest
When will the Kinect 2 be supported by CastleOS? You keep saying in a short time but that was months ago. I bought equipment based on Chris stating it was supported and found out it wasn't supported yet. This was last year.

If it has been released I don't find any notice of it anywhere.
5/12/2016
Topic:
Kinect v2 support

Black Forest
Black Forest
Chris wrote, "It's undergoing final dev and testing now. We don't want to commit to a precise date just yet, but it will be over the next 2-3 weeks."

It seems that Chris has fallen into a black hole were gravity and relativity conflict with time. What is 2-3 weeks to Chris is 2-3 months for the rest of us on Earth.

Any new release date? Earth time please!
7/2/2016
Topic:
Kinect 2

Black Forest
Black Forest
Is the Kinect 2 supported yet?
7/4/2016
Topic:
Kinect 2

Black Forest
Black Forest
Unbelievable Chris what a runaround you give everyone. A simple yes or no would suffice. I am pretty sure someone from your company reads the posts so no answer is really unprofessional.
2/16/2017
Topic:
Kinect V2 is that supported yet?

Black Forest
Black Forest
I have been waiting for Kinect 2 to be supported. Chris doesn't seem to think it is important to answer questions. So is anyone using the Kinect 2 now?
2/17/2017
Topic:
Control one relay?

Black Forest
Black Forest
I want to use a Kinect 2 with CastleOS to control just one relay so when I speak the command the relay will close for 5 seconds and then open again.
I could use a PLC to have a timer on the relay in the PLC. What hardware could I use?
edited by Black Forest on 2/17/2017
2/19/2017
Topic:
Control one relay?

Black Forest
Black Forest
I have a 24 volt solenoid valve I need to control. I would have a Kinect 2 connected to a PC with CastleOS installed. Does the switch get controlled with Wifi or over an Ethernet cable. For me it makes no difference. There would not be a lot of distance involved. What exactly for hardware would I need. I looked at Z-wave and the more I looked the more confused I got.
2/19/2017
Topic:
Control one relay?

Black Forest
Black Forest
How could I use one of these boxes with your software?
http://www.luxom.biz/en/catalog/global-cache/itach-lan/global-cache-ip2cc-lan-relay-contacts
2/19/2017
Topic:
Control one relay?

Black Forest
Black Forest
OK I will order one tomorrow.
4/8/2017
Topic:
Control one relay?

Black Forest
Black Forest
I now have the Kinect 2 and the Global Cache IP2CC attached and recognized by the CastleOS. The documentation on the IP2CC is lacking for sure.

I need help with how to configure or script of whatever the terms might be to control two of the relays on the IP2CC. The commands would be something like, "computer forward" "computer reverse" and the relays would then be activated to a closed state for one second only each time the command was spoken.

So how can this be done? That is all the CastleOS has to do. No other devices are being used.
4/9/2017
Topic:
Home automation for Dummies?

Black Forest
Black Forest
I need a manual for absolute beginner, no clue what is going on!
I think I have read every post on the forum.
Maybe a not so brief description of how everything ties together regarding all the components of a system. How things actually work.
If there is such a document would someone please point me to it!!!!!
4/9/2017
Topic:
Computer for testing and setting up?

Black Forest
Black Forest
I have installed CastleOS on my desktop computer to try to get things working and figure out how to use everything.
My question, will that work? Or does CastleOS need to be on an absolute clean install of Windows10 with nothing else on the computer?
Of course I will use a dedicated computer for the actual real life install.
4/10/2017
Topic:
Script help needed

Black Forest
Black Forest
Hello,
I need help getting a Kinect 2 to control two relays. The relays are a Global Cache IP2CC unit. I need to be able to say, "computer forward" and have a relay closed for one second and then opened or released.

And the second would be, "computer reverse" and have the same happen on the second relay. As in the relay gets activated for one second and then opened again.

If need be I will pay someone do do this for me.

This will be controlling a hydraulic system solenoid valve on a machine.
4/13/2017
Topic:
Kinect 2 USB question

Black Forest
Black Forest
I read in another thread that only one Kinect is allowed on a USB bus. Can anything other than a Kinect be on the same bus?
4/14/2017
Topic:
Home automation for Dummies?

Black Forest
Black Forest
Tim Bateson wrote:
I dont think anyone ( I dont know much as I said I am a novice) can download what they know to you on a thread. The best way tI have found o learn is to get a piece of equipment and try to get it going. Ask a specific question and go from there. You will find answers to specific questions under the appropriate threads. Sonos is automatically picked up by the hub via wifi. Just plug it in and CastleOS will find it and use it! Browse through the settings and that will answer some of these questions as it did for me.
Im still trying and I am sure you will see my questions pop p once in a while and I will see yours. I go through every question asked to build my knowledge.
Good luck with your system!

I respectfully disagree with your statement about the best way to learn how to use this system and equipment. For someone with no knowledge of how any of this works and how things relate to each other a basic manual is needed. If not you are reinventing the wheel. Maybe for some it is the journey and others it is the destination that is important. I personally am interested in the destination more than the journey. I do find it interesting to figure things out but I would like to start with a manual to get basic info and then start to experiment.

I have asked several questions on this forum and they go unanswered. Support is very lacking with CastleOS. The forum is very disorganized in my opinion. Just look at how many questions I have asked on here and how timely they get an answer. It is very disappointing to me. When I do get an email back from support they always say "If you have any more questions just ask." I do ask and don't get responses. I get an email that states I will get back to you but then don't hear anything.

If this forum is supposed to be for support then it needs to be supported better by the owner of the software. I have offered to pay for the software even though I am only using it two control two devices. I don't expect anything for free. They put a lot of work into the software and I can definitely relate to that so therefor my offer to pay even though based on CastleOS's business model I don't need to.

Support is very spotty with this company. In any company selling a product support is a major factor in the success of the company.
4/14/2017
Topic:
Computer specs to run CastleOS

Black Forest
Black Forest
Is there a list on the website that states what the system requirements are to run CastleOS?