7/27/2015
Topic:
Scheduled events not running

juehlinger
juehlinger
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Tracked it down! Please unzip the attached file, and copy the DLL enclosed to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CastleOS\CastleOS Core Service\WebApp\bin

This will overwrite the file that is there. Once done, please delete and recreate the event, and you should be good to go!

Is this dll in the current version? My scheduling is also not working. I have an event that is scheduled for 2 hours before sunset.
7/27/2015
Topic:

juehlinger
juehlinger
I got it from the download page. I'll check out the beta site.
Thanks!
7/28/2015
Topic:

juehlinger
juehlinger
Everything works perfectly now!
Thanks
7/28/2015
Topic:
Accessing CastleOS from outside the house

juehlinger
juehlinger
Since I don't have an external static ip address, what is the current/future workaround for accessing CastleOS outside the house when my ip address changes?
7/28/2015
Topic:
CastleHUB Now on Kickstarter!

juehlinger
juehlinger
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Will be posting a major update on the CastleHUB tomorrow, including some new unannounced features...

Is this like one of those "free beer tomorrow" signs?
7/29/2015
Topic:
Setting up a "Default" Environment

juehlinger
juehlinger
I have a couple of Cree Connected bulbs routed through a Hue hub and suffer the same issue. I agree, allowing dimming settings in a scene would solve the problem.
8/5/2015
Topic:
New Hub questions

juehlinger
juehlinger
Smith C wrote:
Could someone recommend a good z-wave plus USB stick for the hub - I currently have the Vera Edge unit, and I want to migrate from it.
Thanks,
-Smith

Aeon Labs Gen5 Z-Wave Stick!
8/7/2015
Topic:
Z-Wave

juehlinger
juehlinger
Peter Salekin wrote:
do you mean this one?
http://aeotec.com/z-wave-usb-stick

Looks like it is only available in France and the UK

if you look on the top right it says "currently available in EU, AU, and US"

The US and Canada use the same frequency for Z-Wave, so you can pick any we have available in North America. The new Aeotec Gen5 radio is always a good choice.
8/9/2015
Topic:
Z-Wave not staying enabled

juehlinger
juehlinger
Brian Reisdorf wrote:
So I'm testing 3 completely different door/window sensors with CastleOS right now and I can't seem to get Z-Wave to stay enabled. I'm using a brand new Aeotec Gen5 Z-Stick and CastleOS picks it up as a static controller, however if I enable it, then leave the settings screen and return it shows as disabled again. At first I was hoping it was just a display bug, however other than showing up on the Z-Wave devices list, none of the sensors ever change from the "closed" setting. Thoughts?

For reference the sensors I'm testing are the Aeotec Door/Window sensor Gen2, the Everspring HSM02, and the Ecolink DWZWAVE2.

I have the same Z-Stick and mine stays enabled. Try setting it to a different COM.
8/10/2015
Topic:
Z-Wave not staying enabled

juehlinger
juehlinger
Brian Reisdorf wrote:
I've tried multiple COMs by plugging into different USB controllers and positively identifying the device COM # in Device Manager, so I was able to test on both COM3 and COM4 with no change.

Setting ANY polling time also results in an error message from COS.

FYI, I'm also running the beta version of CastleOS. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
8/21/2015
Topic:
Smart Locks

juehlinger
juehlinger
Does CastleOS support the ability to set/revoke access codes on smart locks (z-wave)? Also, does it log when a specific access code is used?
8/29/2015
Topic:
Very basic question about installation

juehlinger
juehlinger
JOHN VALENCIA wrote:
I still cant figure out how to down load the app for IOS. Please help.

There is no iOS App in the store, yet. Just go to the IP Address of the machine hosting CastleOS in Safari and "create/send" the app/icon on your home screen.
8/29/2015
Topic:
The Stack Box (aka The Xuan)

juehlinger
juehlinger
Dave Le wrote:
So I came across the CastleOS only recently and I love everything about it, especially the Kinect support. I haven't done much in the way of home automation, just starting really. I bought a few things off Kickstarter but have only received one so far, that being the Stack Box.

The Stack Box seems to be another version of what the CastleHub is to be but it doesn't seem to be quite finished yet. People seem to be having issues with their software and some things have yet to be implemented yet. I haven't connected anything to it yet but have dabbled around with its software a bit. It seems to work find but again I haven't connected anything to it so I'm not really sure how well. I like the idea of the box and the hub as well but I love the CastleOS software as it seems to be a much more polished piece of software and also the because the Kinect. Voice control is something I've wanted since I started researching home automation.

So my point I'm getting at is, and this may only be answerable by people that have used the Stack Box, but how possible would it be to use the CastleOS software on the Stack Box? I realize this may be a far fetched question but I would like to be able to use the box in place of a full on computer to use this software but have no idea how to go about merging the two.

I appreciate any insight people could give on this. Thanks.

Don't know anything about Stack Box, but as of now CastleOS only runs on Windows.
9/1/2015
Topic:
Protocol & Device Support Suggestions

juehlinger
juehlinger
It is now September, where is the new API that was promised in August?
9/2/2015
Topic:
Can't read this page

juehlinger
juehlinger
try replacing the machine name with 'localhost' in the url.
9/21/2015
Topic:
Z-wave Gen5 Not Working

juehlinger
juehlinger
I have a slightly different problem. I am able to pair the aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 with my Schlage Connect Camelot. The lock device appears in both CastleOS and the IMA Tool, however, I am unable to control it. According to Schlage's instructions I am supposed to see a green check appear on the lock when pairing is successful, but I just get a red "X". The device still shows in both applications. I'm at a loss... And yes, I made sure the IMA Tool is closed while using CastleOS.
9/23/2015
Topic:
Can't login with iOS devices

juehlinger
juehlinger
CastleOS won't allow editing text in Safari. I have the same issue on my Mac.
9/23/2015
Topic:
Can't login with iOS devices

juehlinger
juehlinger
Not sure when it started but I noticed it after iOS9 released. I have never tried to edit text in CastleOS on Safari before until just recently. I normally use my Windows 10 machine. I am currently running El Capitan public beta on my Mac.
9/24/2015
Topic:
Insteon issues

juehlinger
juehlinger
I had to change the engine version from i2CS to i2 in order for my insteon switches to work properly. I also had to cross-link the PLM and switches so their status would update when toggling the physical switch. Hope that helps...
9/24/2015
Topic:
CastleHUB Updates - July 29th

juehlinger
juehlinger
Hey Chris! Does this include Kickstarter and Pre-orders?