CASTLEOS FORUM

efrese

all messages by user

2/19/2016
Topic:
Hue Bridge Not Found

Eric F
Eric F
Oh interesting, a Hue system update on the app just became available (literally "added 1 minute ago")... not sure if that would help or hurt at this point lol
edited by efrese on 2/19/2016
2/19/2016
Topic:
Hue Bridge Not Found

Eric F
Eric F
logged out of my hue, tried the link again: same error codes, same message on the browser test
updated firmware, same thing again (obviously lol)

Even tried restarting HUE bridge + Computer, reinstalling CastleOS, giving Hue bridge a new IP address... all had same results
edited by efrese on 2/19/2016
2/22/2016
Topic:
Hue Bridge Not Found

Eric F
Eric F
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
I just uploaded another Hue Test version. This one may have additional log details to indicate what's going wrong when you try to link. Please let me know what's in the error log after you try.

Thanks!!

Here is the output from the new test version. To me it looks the same, unless I was supposed to let it keep compiling for longer?
5/3/2016
Topic:
Hue Bridge Not Found

Eric F
Eric F
It worked! Hue lights added first try and confirmed to be controllable!

now i just have to get kinect control working again lol
5/3/2016
Topic:
Hue Bridge Not Found

Eric F
Eric F
Just wanna say thank you very much for the fix Chris!
12/1/2016
Topic:
Portal - Favorites: Suggestion

Eric F
Eric F
On the Favorites tab of the Portal page, under the "Favorite Groups" section, is there any way you can add the Dimmer Selector next to the appropriate lighting groups? (Like on each appropriate Group listed on the Devices page, you have the Color Selector, Dimmer Selector, and then On/Off buttons) You already have the Color and On/Off there, it would be super convenient if the Dimmer Selector was also right there as well!

If any of that didn't make sense I can take screenshots to explain what I am talking about! smile

Thanks!
12/5/2016
Topic:
Portal - Favorites: Suggestion

Eric F
Eric F
Thank you sir!
12/5/2016
Topic:
Thermostat / Climate Control Questions

Eric F
Eric F
Hi there,

I finally got around to getting a Z-Wave Thermostat, and was looking for the best way to set up pre-programmed schedules. I did not see anything like this on the climate page (nor the climate tab of the portal page), so I assume the best way is going to be Events...

1) Now when setting up these thermostat Events, are there any "best practices" or "lessons learned" that anyone would be willing to share? I'm sure I'll be able to figure things out, but learning from those who've done this before seems like the smart way to go.

2) One specific question I have is, what are each of the different "Modes" listed in the climate control supposed to signify/which should I use on my events? For instance, I see "Cool", "Heat", "Auto", "Program Auto", "Program Heat", "Program Cool", and "CaslteOS"... I don't really know the differences, or when each should apply.

3) And just to verify, "Heat Setpoint" is more or less the Lowest I want the temp to go (any lower and the heat would turn on until back to that setpoint temp), and "Cool Setpoint" is the Highest I want the temp to go (any higher and the A/C turns on until back to the setpoint temp), is that a correct understanding?

Thanks!
12/8/2016
Topic:
Kinect Service Uninstalling itself

Eric F
Eric F
For the past couple days I have had an issue where the Kinect Service literally uninstalls itself.

Not just stops running, but completely uninstalls from my machine, and I have to reinstall it completely...
12/10/2016
Topic:

Eric F
Eric F
stopping the auto-update service seems to have forestalled the problem, thank you!
12/13/2016
Topic:

Eric F
Eric F
Turning the service back on just got it uninstalled again. I'll try re-downloading and installing manually and report back
12/15/2016
Topic:

Eric F
Eric F
that did it! thanks so much!
1/4/2017
Topic:
CastleHub Crashed

Eric F
Eric F
Same thing happened to me it seems like. Kinect responding to commands, but action was not being taken.

Rebooted my machine, same thing.

Remoted in to take a look, and the following page was up where castleOS would have normally opened:

UltiDev Web Server

Application with ID {9191b541-4140-439e-8d9e-0ae3d52eb9ab} is not registered with UltiDev Cassini Web Server.

Copyright © UltiDev LLC 2006-2017

Tried to navigate manually to the portal, and got:
Not FoundHTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.
1/4/2017
Topic:
Using keypads with CastleOS

Eric F
Eric F
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
This functionality has been released. It will auto update, but you can also download it and install it manually if you'd like.

Keypad features include:
1) setting the keypad button/light from Devices, Scenes, and Event actions
2) using the keypad button as an Event trigger
3) using the keypad button as an Event condition

Thanks!!

-Chris

Awesome! I've been waiting for this functionality (have 3 keypads waiting), and am happy to hear I can start setting it up soon!

Thanks Chris!!!
1/4/2017
Topic:
CastleHub Crashed

Eric F
Eric F
Eric F wrote:
Same thing happened to me it seems like. Kinect responding to commands, but action was not being taken.

Rebooted my machine, same thing.

Remoted in to take a look, and the following page was up where castleOS would have normally opened:

UltiDev Web Server

Application with ID {9191b541-4140-439e-8d9e-0ae3d52eb9ab} is not registered with UltiDev Cassini Web Server.

Copyright © UltiDev LLC 2006-2017

Tried to navigate manually to the portal, and got:
Not FoundHTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.

Nevermind, mine might not have been related... Core Service had uninstalled itself, and re-installing has brought it back to functional status
1/18/2017
Topic:
An Error Occurred Loading the CastleOS app

Eric F
Eric F
Hi there, CastleOS went down for me last night with the following error page:

An error occured loading the CastleOS app. Please ensure the Core Service is running.

You may contact CastleOS for assistance at info@castleos.com.

You may also attempt to reload the app by clicking here.

Tried clicking the link, rebooting the system, reinstalling from scratch, etc; still getting that error.

please let me know what more i can try!
edited by efrese on 1/18/2017
edited by efrese on 1/18/2017
1/19/2017
Topic:

Eric F
Eric F
Running the installer again did not prompt for .net update, however installing the .net version manually from microsoft website fixed the issue.

I am just surprised that apparently microsoft did not find this .net version necessary to include in any of their auto-updates for Windows 8.1, as I was all up to date on those...
1/20/2017
Topic:

Eric F
Eric F
"We are happy to announce that the .NET Framework 4.6.1 and its language packs are now available on Windows Update (WU) and WSUS for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. An offline installer is available here for Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows Server 2012. Additionally, the .NET Framework 4.6.1 is included in the Windows 10 November Update for Windows 10 computers."

Apparently it is an update for 7 and 10, but not 8/8.1 (where it is just "available for install") lol
1/24/2017
Topic:
Kinect Configurator

Eric F
Eric F
I recently got this issue as well on version 1.3.3135.

Backstory: The Kinect was responding to commands nobody was giving (no-one was even speaking and she literally just kept rambling until i unplugged the kinect) thought somehow the sensitivity got messed up and was going to try and adjust, but configurator would not open. Reinstalled from scratch, still no configurator, still responding when nobody talking.

Installed the last version i had downloaded and was able to access the configurator (also original issue was gone) however this was also the version that uninstalled itself every night at midnight...
1/29/2017
Topic:
Kinect Configurator

Eric F
Eric F
i can confirm that the new update has brought back the ability to open the configurator!

However the system randomly talking about timers and temperature and saying random scripts repeatedly without prompting is still happening