CASTLEOS FORUM

wolfieee

all messages by user

4/22/2016
Topic:
Protocol & Device Support Suggestions

Wolfieee Wolf
Wolfieee Wolf
Any chance you will add UDP support for things like Mi-light/LimitlessLED ? They are becoming popular as they are cheap and well made and easy to setup. The wifi bridge does do TCP as well but I'm yet to get it to work with CastleOS.
4/27/2016
Topic:

Wolfieee Wolf
Wolfieee Wolf
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
We plan to, just don't have a timeline on it just yet. If anyone knows the protocol well and wants to implement it in CastleOS, we can give out the skeleton needed to do so.

Awesome !!

I have been messing around with the protocol for another program I use called Hyperion. I believe the information that gets sent out is very simple HEX commands. You can also control them over TCP but it is a little slow and you use a slightly different method of talking to the controller. I'd love to try to implement it to CastleOS but I wouldn't know the first thing on where to start. Would be interesting to see your coding though. I'm just starting to program somethings on my Raspberry PI so learning some Linux and Python coding for that. It very slow going upset
6/12/2016
Topic:

Wolfieee Wolf
Wolfieee Wolf
Wolfieee Wolf wrote:
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
We plan to, just don't have a timeline on it just yet. If anyone knows the protocol well and wants to implement it in CastleOS, we can give out the skeleton needed to do so.

Awesome !!

I have been messing around with the protocol for another program I use called Hyperion. I believe the information that gets sent out is very simple HEX commands. You can also control them over TCP but it is a little slow and you use a slightly different method of talking to the controller. I'd love to try to implement it to CastleOS but I wouldn't know the first thing on where to start. Would be interesting to see your coding though. I'm just starting to program somethings on my Raspberry PI so learning some Linux and Python coding for that. It very slow going upset

I found a program at http://epocapp.bitbucket.org/milight/

It's worth the $12 for the pro version. So much fun !

Maybe you could somehow implement something like this for your software. Might also help you getting the Milight's to work with Castleos
7/16/2016
Topic:

Wolfieee Wolf
Wolfieee Wolf
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
For anyone who wants to start building plugins, we can share the private beta now. That feature is fully functional.

Any chance of a link to the private beta ? I could only find the beta version that was last updated on April 24th and I can't find the plugin section in that version.
7/31/2016
Topic:
Philips Hue bridge not found

Wolfieee Wolf
Wolfieee Wolf
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Apologies all!!! I've been heads down the last couple days trying to finish up the last of the initial 2.0 release. Really sorry about the lack of release the last few weeks, I've been diverting some of my attention towards the business side of things, as we prepare for the next steps. I'm really really really trying to get this out by the end of this week!!

Thank you all for your patience,
Chris

Any ETA for this yet ? The end of the week has been and gone and still no 2.0 not even a beta update. Do we have any updates on where you are at with this ?
8/12/2016
Topic:
Philips Hue bridge not found

Wolfieee Wolf
Wolfieee Wolf
Wolfieee Wolf wrote:
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Apologies all!!! I've been heads down the last couple days trying to finish up the last of the initial 2.0 release. Really sorry about the lack of release the last few weeks, I've been diverting some of my attention towards the business side of things, as we prepare for the next steps. I'm really really really trying to get this out by the end of this week!!

Thank you all for your patience,
Chris

Any ETA for this yet ? The end of the week has been and gone and still no 2.0 not even a beta update. Do we have any updates on where you are at with this ?

It's been almost a month and still no word on when 2.0 is coming out. Come on. Even just a possible ETA would be great. Even a progress report on where you are at. Not replying is not the right answer. We want to know !!
8/25/2016
Topic:
Virtual devices

Wolfieee Wolf
Wolfieee Wolf
I'm having issues setting up a virtual device as well. I have a http listener running for my mi-light but no mater how many times I put in the link it keep saying Something went wrong! Press use the menu above to try again. I have tried so many different combinations but they all get the same result. I'm using the latest beta 2.0. I'm not sure if this feature is just not working or it's something I'm doing wrong. Any ideas ?
8/25/2016
Topic:
New Beta Posted 10/15/2016

Wolfieee Wolf
Wolfieee Wolf
There was talk about a plugin feature. It that still happening ? Would really like to get my Mi-lights and my Broadlink RM pro running with your software.
8/26/2016
Topic:
Virtual devices

Wolfieee Wolf
Wolfieee Wolf
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
I can confirm this issue, will be pushing an update tonight with a fix and some other stuff.

I have been trying to make a virtual device for my me lights. I can get them to turn on and off which it just awesome but when ever I enable dimming it doesn't give the the option to add a URL. I have gone back and edited it and it's let me do it but when I save it deletes all the URL for ON/OFF/DIM. not sure if it's just a glitch or because I installed the new beta over the old one. Will try uninstalling and doing it again to see if the problem is still there
8/26/2016
Topic:
Virtual devices

Wolfieee Wolf
Wolfieee Wolf
Can confirm that after reinstalling it's still not working. I completely deleted everything CastleOS related, cleaned my registry file and rebooted. I'm guessing glitch. Hey at least I can get my mi-lights working now minus dimming. Had to install a 3rd party program to use as a HTTP listener to get it to work but it works. Woo Hoo !!
8/27/2016
Topic:
Virtual devices

Wolfieee Wolf
Wolfieee Wolf
After playing around with it a bit more today it appears to be a problem with the dim and when you edit the device. I can make it go on/off fine but if i edit the device change nothing and save it screws it all up and when you edit it again all the HTTP commands are gone. I've checked the config file and all the HTTP settings are still there. I can't work it out. might be a glitch with the save function
8/28/2016
Topic:
Virtual devices

Wolfieee Wolf
Wolfieee Wolf
For a while there I thought it was just me being a goober and doing something wrong. Glad I could help.