CASTLEOS FORUM

c78faaa9@opayq.com

all messages by user

1/11/2017
Topic:
No Quick Start Guide in the box!

Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
I received my CastleHub today but there were no instructions at all and I can't find a simple instruction manual on the site. Can someone help me to find one please?

Thank you
1/15/2017
Topic:
No Quick Start Guide in the box!

Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
Thanks. Unfortunately that's indicative of my whole experience so far. Hope this grows and acquires some robustness.
1/17/2017
Topic:
Join existing z-wave network not working

Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
I'm trying to get my Castle HUB up and running and am failing at every hurdle. LightwaveRF is not working so that's all my lights and sockets not controllable by CastleOS and I can't join my existing Z-wave network, so that's everything in the house except the Sonos not controllable. I'm following the limited instructions in the Android app for joining the existing network but nothing happens. There is no confirmation, no prompt, nothing. It simply doesn't work. i'm getting increasingly frustrated with this as it simply is not delivering what the website claims.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I find a real dearth of information on the forum to help me get started.

Thanks in advance.
1/18/2017
Topic:

Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
I haven't got a z stick, I've got a Vera controller
1/18/2017
Topic:

Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
Yes but that means buying a z stick which i don't want to do. Nowhere does it day that az stick is required to use z wave. It's so unclear.
1/26/2017
Topic:
How to upgrade firmware

Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
I can see that a new version of CastleOS is available, it's in the header of the app, but I can't find instructions on how to upgrade anywhere. It's so frustrating. It's unintuitive and there is a real lack of support for beginners. It's just not an enjoyable experience. I have not been able to set up any device. I have a $450 piece of hardware sitting there that doesn't control anything. Can someone please tell me how to upgrade the version and can someone invest some time and money in providing detailed guidance and support pages for basics, intermediate and advanced topics that the majority of forum users don't need as they are experienced.
1/26/2017
Topic:
lightwaverf

Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
I'd be happy to provide feedback but I don't know how to set up my lightwaveRF devices. I've managed to link it to the LightwaveRF controller and I understand that I have to add each device but the fields in the add device screen are not self-explanatory. How does it know which of my devices I want to control? What are the room and device numbers in the address for? What are the group fields for? I can't see any field that allows me to select the lightwave device, add its name yes, but select the actual device, no.
1/27/2017
Topic:
lightwaverf

Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
Thanks Chris, that (room and device numbers) was the critical missing piece of information. I'll try to hook it all up tonight and I'll be happy to report back on how I get one.
1/29/2017
Topic:
lightwaverf

Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
Initial feedback on this isn't possible as I am still not able to add a device successfully. My devices have numbers/id way above the 16 that are allowed in the CastleOS add device configuration (I think the max was 16 and one of my devices is 89)! Unfortunately, another day ticks by without having been able to use CastleOS for anything.
1/30/2017
Topic:
lightwaverf

Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
excellent. thanks. look forward to it.
1/30/2017
Topic:

Maurice Gibbon
Maurice Gibbon
I have bought a z-stick in the hope that I can finally get a device working on CastleOS. I'm attempting to join my existing network and follow the instructions on the settings page. Nothing happens. No feedback/acknowledgement. How do I know what is going on? The devices are not showing so I guess something isn't working but haven't got a clue what it is because there is nothing to tell me what has/hasn't happened.

Should it be this difficult to use? There is no guidance so it is purely guesswork. Which port do I put the USB stick in? Do I have to add all devices? Why is nothing happening when I click Join Network. Do I have to leave it for a few minutes? Why are no devices appearing? WHERE CAN I GET HELP?! Sorry for shouting but the incredible lack of documentation is a real frustration. I'm not an inexperienced person regarding this sort of thing having had a Vera for 4 years so I'm repeatedly frustrated at fruitless attempts to get even basics set up.

I've attempted to request a refund as I'm still to see anything working and the lack of support is not justification for the expensive price tag. I've forked out more money for the z stick and that is not working so it's just adding insult to injury. I'm trying to remain calm and rational about this and I appreciate all the hard work going into this by many but it simply doesn't work for what I need. When I try to return it, the page says Cannot Return, with no explanation. I have asked why this is but have had no response.

I know it's a bit of a rant but it's indicative of how I feel with this. I can't help but feel that it is a waste of my hard-earned money at the moment.
edited by c78faaa9@opayq.com on 1/30/2017