CASTLEOS FORUM

pedxing

all messages by user

10/29/2016
Topic:
Betas cannot be installed due to invalid signature

Patrick Plummer
Patrick Plummer
I was attempting to install the latest beta but was blocked by the signature of the data1.cab file:

---------------------------
CastleOS Core Service
A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file C:\Users\blah\AppData\Roaming\CastleOS Software, LLC\CastleOS Core Service 1.3.3082\install\disk1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt.
OK

I believe this is due to GoDaddy and Microsoft invalidating the SHA1 hash method. SHA1 is known to be insecure for years now. SHA2 is the replacement and you need to update your signature certificate. Evidently a windows update in the past several months now causes all SHA1 based certificates to be invalid.

Can you resign and repost the install files?

Since it uninstalls the service before re-installing, I now have nothing. The previous versions also cannot be installed due to the same problem with the cert.

thanks
10/29/2016
Topic:

Patrick Plummer
Patrick Plummer
Hi Chris, thank you so much for the fast response. That worked fine for the install. However now I have a couple of z-wave devices that are shown in the UI but have no switch options to be turned on or off. The devices are two GE wall dimmer switches and one Kwikset z-wave deadbolt lock.

Hue bulbs work fine as does a z-wave color bulb and also two other GE non-dimmer z-wave switches.

My z-wave controller is a Aeon Labs Gen 5 usb stick.
10/29/2016
Topic:

Patrick Plummer
Patrick Plummer
Hmm, every time I try to edit anything (including simply the name) I get "Error Something went wrong." Although actually now looking at it again it did save the name change. But the type is back to Other. I tried Dimmer Switch and Dumb Dimmer Switch and also the Door Lock.
10/29/2016
Topic:

Patrick Plummer
Patrick Plummer
Sure that'd be awesome -- request sent from the app.
10/29/2016
Topic:

Patrick Plummer
Patrick Plummer
My issues were resolved by Chris's awesome support! THANKS!