phzi

all messages by user

10/16/2016
Topic:
Kwikset lock not working reliably with CastleOS

phzi phzi
phzi phzi
Hey, all;

I had my lock working quite well for a few days with an older version of CastleOS. I am now updated to the latest beta, and struggling to get my Kwikset deadbolt to work reliably. Definitely not a signal problem - only 5ft from the hub - to me this seems to be something with how CastleOS is talking to the lock.

I have un-paired and re-paired as well as factory reset and re-setup the lock multiple times. It will work for a bit sometimes, and then stop working.

Event log (no communication with lock after "Starting CastleOS Core Service..." - not manually restarted, happening automatically sometimes):

[from here, manually locking/unlocking is logged, but lock/unlock commands are not handled by the lock]
11:20:02 Updated status of Entry Control:9 (Z-Wave Devices) to 0
[attempt to unlock - lock blinks like it is accepting a command but does nothing...]
11:19:54 Updated status of Entry Control:9 (Z-Wave Devices) to 100
[attempt to lock - nothing, already locked...]
11:19:41 Updated status of Entry Control:9 (Z-Wave Devices) to 0
[attempt to unlock - lock blinks like it is accepting a command but does nothing...]
11:18:07 Starting CastleOS Core Service...
11:17:13 Lock Z-Wave Devices Entry Control:9 has been secured by Z-Wave command.
11:17:12 Updated status of Entry Control:9 (Z-Wave Devices) to 0
[attempt to lock with app - works]
11:17:10 Lock Z-Wave Devices Entry Control:9 has been unsecured by Z-Wave command.
11:17:09 Updated status of Entry Control:9 (Z-Wave Devices) to 100
[attempt to unlock with app - works]
11:15:03 Lock Z-Wave Devices Entry Control:9 has been unsecured by the key cylinder or inside thumb turn.
11:15:02 Lock Z-Wave Devices Entry Control:9 has been secured by the key cylinder or inside thumb turn.
11:14:58 Lock Z-Wave Devices Entry Control:9 has been unsecured by the key cylinder or inside thumb turn.
[unlock/lock/unlock manually - detected]

Any suggestions?
10/16/2016
Topic:

phzi phzi
phzi phzi
I just tried removing and re-adding the device 3 times again, and couldn't get it to respond to an lock/unlock command. The lock does blink (small LED that's visible when cover is off) like it's receiving commands.

Both the security and devices tabs seem the same (although the UI toggle on the devices tab seems to "tweak-out" a bit when you push it, flipping back to the previous state usually).
10/16/2016
Topic:

phzi phzi
phzi phzi
Kwikset Signature - http://www.kwikset.com/products/details/electronic-locks/910s-trl-15-ul.aspx