CASTLEOS FORUM

Russel

all messages by user

6/9/2017
Topic:
Web and App Interface

Russel
Russel
Hi, are you working on better app and web interfaces?

I find castleos a complete horror to use, all I can say is the developers all must have tiny children fingers, I have huge trouble using the little controls on a phone or tablet, also only half the button for the main menu in the top left shows, tested with the Android App and Chrome on several platforms.

Honestly, the software works fine, it's just useless to use on a touch device, this seriously needs fixing.

Also are you working on interfacing Echo, Google Home, nVidia dot or Siri support. Kinect is not that useful and I don't think anyone cares for Cortana much.

I'm happy with the Insteon support, and everything works pretty good, but the web interface is a real deal breaker.

Is anyone else working on a skin or mod for the web interface?

Cheers
6/9/2017
Topic:
Compatible Devices

Russel
Russel
You have, WeMo listed, this appears to be not true or is there some work around?
6/22/2017
Topic:
Mobile Web and Android APP Issue

Russel
Russel
Under Favourite, Devices, one can't set the dimmer level on the Android App or through Google Chrome on a mobile device, but functions perfectly from Chrome and Safari on the desktop.

Long press in a normal desktop browser gives you the percentage ring and with the Harmony Hub gives all choices/activities prompt, but this can't be done on Android at all.

It makes using an android tablet as a fixed remote fairly useless, as these buttons are big and easy to use, anyone looking at this may want to go for a cheap win10 tablet instead.
6/22/2017
Topic:
Amazon Echo

Russel
Russel
Any updates on this Chris?

Echo only works with post 2014 Instead Hubs, which is pretty much US only, most other countries are using the pre 2014 hubs, so we need a bridge for Echo to Insteon.

Cant be hard HCA have done it already.
6/28/2017
Topic:
Mobile Web and Android APP Issue

Russel
Russel
Okay, I will answer my own question so someone else who may have this issue can see.

I resolved this by going for a windows 10 tablet, and using the Edge browser, everything works as expected, all other browsers on windows, including Kiosk browser and Chrome, wont work, same with Android, but on Mac, Safari and Chrome work???
6/28/2017
Topic:
Castle OS won't load

Russel
Russel
I had a similar issue,

My fix was : I opened task manager, force killed both Castleos services, then went to the program directory, and manually started the core services again, then it worked, I also had an issue were CastleOS was changing its port number on its own, so I had to access it with port No. 8080 to get it working again.
6/28/2017
Topic:
No HDMI output from hub

Russel
Russel
If you google, you will find that some Samsungs have HDMI ports that self detonate, there are some LG's that also have this issue, I also have a new Samsung that doesnt like Intel Haswell based HDMI graphics and refuses to acknoladge its plugged in, but my Shield TV works flawlessly on the same HDMI port.

I recommend updating the TV's firmware first, then try your HUB on another TV or monitor if possible as the HUB is most likely using Intel video.

I personally wouldnt use this device plugged in, best using it headless and dedicate it for just CastleOS as it can be a resource hog at times.
6/28/2017
Topic:
Cortana Integration

Russel
Russel
This would make far better sense than using Kinect, Cortana is getting more support these days.