CASTLEOS FORUM

cmacnichol

all messages by user

3/14/2015
Topic:
Kinect Service Crash on Windows 8.1 64bit

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
No. Used to have a hardware one, took it offline as I am doing some work on it. Right now All i have is the STD windows firewall.
3/14/2015
Topic:

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
I just disabled all virus and real time protection as well, Avira, with no change as well. Too much to hope for it to be something simple.
3/14/2015
Topic:

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
Well, that caused the app to fail to start completely. I notices that the file sizes were different as well. The Existing one was 578 KB, the new one was 395 KB.

Here are the errors that showed within the even log.

Application: CastleOSKinectServiceConfigurator.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileLoadException
Stack:
at CastleOSMedia.MediaBrowserMediaPlayer.DiscoverMediaPlayers(Int32)
at CastleOSKinectServiceConfigurator.CastleOSKinectWindow.<.ctor>b__3()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Faulting application name: CastleOSKinectServiceConfigurator.exe, version: 1.2.1157.0, time stamp: 0x548a8467
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17415, time stamp: 0x54504ade
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00014598
Faulting process id: 0x13e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d05e9cd42e88e7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CastleOS\CastleOS Kinect Service\CastleOSKinectServiceConfigurator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 120959ad-ca90-11e4-8258-0015830cbfeb
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
3/14/2015
Topic:

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
The file got smaller because some of the code is now in that other DLL...

Tested, same thing. Configurator fails to start and gives the same error in even log.
3/14/2015
Topic:

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
I missed this earlier, not sure if it is related. Does not happen at the same time of the crash but it does show as an error. Not many details.

'one-of' must contain at least one 'item' element.
3/14/2015
Topic:

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
I installed Win 8.1 Last weekend. have not really added a lot to it yet. Just some basic applications.
3/14/2015
Topic:

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Any other info with that error?

No. That is all that is in the whole error.
3/14/2015
Topic:

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
Uninstalled Old Version and Installed the new.
Same error.
Here is the results of the event log.

After the installer completed. I had a lot of Unable to build grammar errors, which I think are normal.

In the middle of those I had this error again.

'one-of' must contain at least one 'item' element.

After the rest finished and it said Recognizing this showed up.

Unable to connect to the remote server

Then these errors in this order.

Application: CastleOSKinectServiceConfigurator.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException
Stack:
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
at System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Load(System.Xml.XmlReader, System.Xml.Linq.LoadOptions)
at System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Parse(System.String, System.Xml.Linq.LoadOptions)
at CastleOSMedia.Plex.Client.GetPlayers()
at CastleOSMedia.PlexMediaPlayer.DiscoverMediaPlayers(Int32, Int32)
at CastleOSKinectServiceConfigurator.CastleOSKinectWindow.<.ctor>b__3()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Faulting application name: CastleOSKinectServiceConfigurator.exe, version: 1.2.1159.0, time stamp: 0x5504a906
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17415, time stamp: 0x54504ade
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00014598
Faulting process id: 0x15cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d05e9f3e0d037e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CastleOS\CastleOS Kinect Service\CastleOSKinectServiceConfigurator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 81d8a5a1-ca92-11e4-8258-0015830cbfeb
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fault bucket 94700753105, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 94553138566

Problem signature:
P1: 4IXI0R5R3Z5PMVQF41AAF5XZGUH2L4LE
P2: 1.2.1159.0
P3: 5504a906
P4: System.Xml
P5: 4.0.30319.34230
P6: 53be3829
P7: 985
P8: 27
P9: System.Xml.XmlException
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Local\Temp\WER53DD.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5F86.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5F97.tmp.dmp
C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Local\Temp\WER60B1.tmp.WERDataCollectionFailure.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_4IXI0R5R3Z5PMVQF_8cc5ddd1b3995327877cdbce6bde3ad5322_f62e3597_cab_08a873e8

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 81d8a5a1-ca92-11e4-8258-0015830cbfeb
Report Status: 8
Hashed bucket: 52726f2e0a0b18bb318e5246b1576fe8
3/14/2015
Topic:

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
I disabled the Firewall completely to be sure and that did not make any difference. CastleOS is running normally on the Win10 machine and I can access it.
3/14/2015
Topic:

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
No. No change and no other error is showing in the log.
3/14/2015
Topic:

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Can you send me a Windows Remote Assistance request? I'd like to log in and poke around...

Certainly. What is a good email to send it to?
3/14/2015
Topic:

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
Sent
3/14/2015
Topic:

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
Chris,

What you did fixed the issue with the app started and it is now working. However now I have another issue. The Voice recognition is wildly inaccurate.

The only change in my setup was moving from Win7 to Win8. I have completed the Windows Voice Recognition training to see if it helped and it has not.

To give an example, I say "Lights On" and it recognizes "Computer Screens Floor Light On" at 0.72

Those two devices are:
Floor Light
Computer Screens

I am trying to figure out how it got that out of "Lights On". I know before I reloaded windows that if I tried that same command It would work every time with a usual accuracy of above 0.80

Further if I use the command "Turn the Master Fan On" I get the following. Which just seems odd.

recognized "computer screens dim level on"

Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot this further? Any setting I might of had set in Win7 that would not be set by default in Win8?
3/15/2015
Topic:

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Chris, it's the beta I gave you to fix the issue, had some work in progress code in it. Sorry about that! I just posted an update to the beta folder...

Glad I was not doing something wrong. smile

That did it, reloaded with the new Beta and everything started working.

Thanks again for all the help to get this resolved.
4/23/2015
Topic:
Support for ISY99 controller?

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
nicksandoval wrote:
As powerful as CastleOS is, ISY has far more capability. Integrating with it can expand CastleOS featureset drastically. For example, I have the LEDs on my keypads dim at night. I am not talking about the loads, but the keypad itself. In addition, ISY also has advanced ramp rate features and logic based events. CastleOS coupled to an ISY system can be a killer combination.
edited by nicksandoval on 3/19/2015

We will be supporting both the ISY API, as well as certain device features we don't currently like LED brightness and ramp rate. It's important to note the ISY provides this for INSTEON only - INSTEON is only one of many protocols CastleOS provides support for.
Thanks!!

This is something I am looking forward to avidly. The sooner I get that Hub off my network the better. Insteon does some things well, but designing a network interface with UI seems to be beyond them. Not to mention the numerous SmartLincs that fried themselves. How hard was it to upgrade the capacitor people...

With me the Hub 1.0 has a habit of randomly not responding. Nothing worse then saying a command, hearing a ping and then nothing happening.
5/16/2015
Topic:
Can I use a Virtual Machine

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
Griffe Youngleson wrote:
Can I run CastleOS on a virtual machine? Any worries there? I would like to at least for testing.

Works fine on a VM. Running mine on a Windows 10 VM on ESXI 5.5 without issue.
5/23/2015
Topic:
Play along with ISY-994i?

Christopher Macnichol
Christopher Macnichol
Sorry, missed this when you first posted it.

I currently am running the ISY-994i with the first gen Insteon Hub. To be honest, I have had a lot of issue with running both. The Insteon Hub likes to be the only controller on the network and does not play well with others.

Besides having periods where my Hub just randomly decides to stop responding and drop the PLM connection, the biggest Issue I have is with Status Updates. For Instance, I have the main room lights setup with CastleOS and the Hub, but they are also setup with the ISY. If the ISY changes the state the Hub, nor CastleOS know about it. So Voice commands will not work for the lights as both of these assume it is already on (Or Off). If you command it to do the opposite, then give the original command it will start working again. Bunch of annoying issues like that. Just not as reliable as I would like.

Conversely, the ISY is rock solid and will listen to traffic and update its status accordingly. So no issues at all with that.

My Ideal setup would be the Voice Recognition of CastleOS, which so far is the best around, coupled with the ISY as the controller. The Sooner I can get rid of the Hub the better.

As to your last question, CastleOS will work with the Network PLM (Hub) or the USB PLM. If My USB PLM was not fried I would give that a try, but not worth tracking another down to test against the Hub.

Overall, the setup works. Just be prepared for some issues occasionally. I know Chris has stated that ISY Support could come eventually, so something to look forward to.