CASTLEOS FORUM

glenkay

all messages by user

11/20/2016
Topic:
CastleOS opening blank webpage

Glen Kay
Glen Kay
I am having a similar problem. I'm using the castlehub. I haven't used the hub for a while and restarted it. I can't access from my iPhone or browser. I connected a monitor/keyboard to the hub. When I click open castleos I get the blank page. What do I do? Thanks, Glen
11/25/2016
Topic:
Remote support request

Glen Kay
Glen Kay
Hi! I sent a PM to Chris yesterday. I'd like to confirm receipt. If you're off for the holiday, my apologies and I'll wait until Monday for a response!
12/7/2016
Topic:
Remote support request

Glen Kay
Glen Kay
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
Hey Glen, sorry we were closed yesterday, but I do have your message. Will shoot you a reply shortly, an update is being pushed tonight with fixes for the couple bugs you mentioned. Thanks!!

Hi! I still can't connect aeotec to somfy or fibaro.
Any ideas?
Glen
12/22/2016
Topic:
Remote request

Glen Kay
Glen Kay
Hi! I left Chris a PM with problem detailing problem and team viewer password.
Thanks and happy holidays!
Glen
12/23/2016
Topic:
Blank screen connecting to Castlehub

Glen Kay
Glen Kay
Hi! When I try to connect to the castlehub either directly on the hub or remote, all I get is a blank screen. What do I need to do? Should I reset something?
Thanks,
Glen
2/25/2017
Topic:
Somfy ZRTSI Z-Wave to RTS

Glen Kay
Glen Kay
Tommy:

I've tried the same and have had no luck. Would you mind telling me step by step how you did it? I have Bali blinds with z-wave plus remotes and have AeotecGen5-USB/CastleOS.

Thank you very much,
Glen

Tommy Long wrote:
I finally got the Autoview based motorized shades in and tried them out. These are ZWave+ devices. It works!!
I followed the Autoview instructions for replacing a lost remote with a new remote but substituted the AeotecGen5-USB/CastleOS as the new remote.
The motorized shade shows up in CastleOS as a dimmer.
The ON opens the shade, OFF closes the shade.
Dimmer percentage works too. It is the percentage the shade opens.
Occasionally, the battery level shows up as well.

Chris, I did notice one issue. If I set the shade to a certain percentage, or even ON as 100%, afterwards the GUI shows a different percentage.
What appears to be happening is that the shade moves and when it finishes it reports the percentage in hex instead of decimal, and CastleOS displays the hex value in the GUI. For example, if I set the shade to 55% (I see this in the log as updated status to 55%) and ~10sec later I see in the log that it updated status to 37. 37(hex) is 55(decimal). The GUI shows the shade as set to 37%.

Tommy
edited by TommyLong on 10/8/2016
9/14/2017
Topic:
Need support

Glen Kay
Glen Kay
Hi! I sent a PM regarding support for my cos with logon credentials.
My castle os service keeps restarting.

Please acknowledge receipt.
Thanks,
Glen
9/17/2017
Topic:
Insteon mini remote to turn on/off devices

Glen Kay
Glen Kay
How can I link an insteon mini remote to turn on/off a Zoosk smart plug, LIFX bulb or any other z-wave device?
Thanks
9/18/2017
Topic:
Insteon mini remote to turn on/off devices

Glen Kay
Glen Kay
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
You would create an event for that, and use one device as the trigger to turn on another device.

How do I choose a specific button on the remote?
1/30/2018
Topic:
Kwikset lock not working reliably with CastleOS

Glen Kay
Glen Kay
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
The "tweak" is because the page is updating itself a moment before the lock state change is recorded. That will be fixed with the next release.

Regarding the lock, I'm confused why it would be working sometimes and not others. The Yale lock we have here is working reliably on a CastleOS system that's been running since the latest beta was released. Let me do some reading on that Quickset lock and see if there is any known issues. Which specific model is it?
1/30/2018
Topic:
Kwikset lock not working reliably with CastleOS

Glen Kay
Glen Kay
I’m having the same problem. Did you ever find the issue?
2/7/2018
Topic:
kinect connection support

Glen Kay
Glen Kay
Hi Chris! I sent you a pm request for remote support regarding connecting a Kinect 1. Please let me know when you can connect.
Thanks, Glen