nicksandoval

all messages by user

2/12/2015
Topic:
x10 CM15 Pro USB

nicksandoval
nicksandoval
Chris Cicchitelli wrote:
We're looking at expanding our support but right now we support X10 through an INSTEON PLM (USB, serial, Hub, or SmartLinc) only. The primary reason is because CastleOS is designed for 2-way devices like INSTEON and Z-Wave rather than one-way like X10, but we're looking at it...

I have the Insteon PLM, but I am uncertain on how to use X-10 signals. I have a bunch of X-10 wireless occupancy sensors I would like to utilize. By the way, there X10 can be 2-way. I have a 2-way plug-in relay module that is X-10.
3/19/2015
Topic:
Kinect Configurator keeps reverting the speaker

nicksandoval
nicksandoval
I to have observed the issue on two computers. On the first, it is connected via hdmi. On the second, it is connected to an analog output, and it still reverts after running for a few hours. This PC has a dedicated sound card, thus it is unlikely that the audio port reseted and no other software exhibits this behavior.
3/19/2015
Topic:
Siri integration

nicksandoval
nicksandoval
What about HomeKIT. I thought HomeKIT is apple's way to interface with home automation. There are already several solution that integrate with it including MobileLinc and even Belkin.
3/19/2015
Topic:
Support for ISY99 controller?

nicksandoval
nicksandoval
As powerful as CastleOS is, ISY has far more capability. Integrating with it can expand CastleOS featureset drastically. For example, I have the LEDs on my keypads dim at night. I am not talking about the loads, but the keypad itself. In addition, ISY also has advanced ramp rate features and logic based events. CastleOS coupled to an ISY system can be a killer combination.
edited by nicksandoval on 3/19/2015
3/19/2015
Topic:
Motiion sense using Kinect's camera

nicksandoval
nicksandoval
The Kinect voice service is already integrated. Adding the ability to use the camera that is already present will greatly add to the value of using multiple Kinects through out a home. For example, it can be used to detect motion in a room by deteting changes in video frames. This can trigger lights. Also, this can be used for security and monitoring a home remotely.